My first Demo for my gaming group Mortans vs Troglydytes 300pts Pic Heavy.
Megalith Games - Official Forums

03-17-2014 06:36 PM

MortanSoundwave Offline

So saturday afternoon I had a gathering at my house. It was warm enough for outdoor wargaming. My friend Geoff bought Troglydytes but has never played the game so as the NY, NJ Connecticut Omeganaut it was my job to give him a demo with his awesome models vs my Mortans

[Image: IMG_4457_zps3b4edc77.jpg]
This was the deployment we played a standard pitched battle.
while running this game 3 other members of the gaming club I run were also watching the game. Two of them have decided they are buying Godslayer however both are waiting on models. One is waiting on the scarjarl and bloodvarg. The other is waiting upon the sons of war.

[Image: IMG_4458_zpsbed5d6f0.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4459_zpsf95b8bcd.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4460_zpsa4131de3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4461_zps967b014e.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4462_zps2d137823.jpg]

The first turn saw a general advance and jockeying of position on the board with the light eater throwing about a haze of shadows.
Around the second turn the light eater took 2 bolt thrower bolts one being a crit but the damn thing is incorporeal. so barely did anything to the monster.
It took till turn 4 when a unit of legionaries charged it throwing their pilums followed by 2 turns of stabbing and slashing to finally bring the monster down. Also by this point we were able to concentrate the scorpio on the feral fleshpounder. It took the scorpio and the princeptor concentrating on the fleshpounder. of course that meand shooting into close combat....which did not end well for the princeptor. But eventually the fleshpounder met his end.

[Image: IMG_4463_zps0b67c396.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4464_zps459b2d0f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4466_zps29b95e24.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4467_zpsd3f66942.jpg]

It should be noted that due to wind we did not use the paper chit counters that come on the cards we used dice to represent action points.

as the light eater lay dying the trog tyrant waded into the legionaries it did not end well for them as he murdered them with the raw power of his brutal wrath. The Mortan Centurion fought the Hammerfist troll to death with his executioners blade killing him in glorious combat and then wading into a combat with the Ironhide brutes. The battle lasted the rest of the game mortan infantry with centurion eventually taking them down to 2 minis before the tyrant waded in seriously wounding the centurion. The game ended on turn 6 with a Mortan vioctory by victory points. However I give the game 2 more rounds before a mortan victory would have turned to a Mortan defeat.

The game was gloriously brutal. Also the picture of the loan mortan soldier was the first official casualty of the game.

[Image: IMG_4471_zpsd378d267.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4470_zps9b1dcd46.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4472_zpsc6655c8c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4469_zps8b9fa7c6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4468_zps238f0120.jpg]

These are the last of the pictures.

"I do not know what drugs the writers of the fluff were on while they were reading Robert E Howard books but they should share"-me when telling friends about the fluff of godslayer
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 06:37 PM by MortanSoundwave.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2014 02:03 AM
RE: My first Demo for my gaming group Mortans vs Troglydytes 300pts Pic Heavy.

David Offline
Administrator

Looks like it was a really fun game!
Thanks for posting.
03-18-2014 02:43 AM

MortanSoundwave Offline

you know the princeptor died in battle against the Feral Hammerfist...But he did alot of damage to the hammerfist and wasn't even killed by the hammerfist he was killed by my King Longshanks moment.

"I do not know what drugs the writers of the fluff were on while they were reading Robert E Howard books but they should share"-me when telling friends about the fluff of godslayer
03-18-2014 11:43 AM

Zeria Offline

Princeptors are really a great character, i have had mine kill all sorts before going down. But yeah shooting and magic range attacks can really give them a bad day. Thanks for the report it sounded a great game and its good to see you have a small group growing out there.

"So you want to save Prince Albert and decide the fate of hong kong, by playing a game of cricket agaisnt Fu-man-chu?....hand me another beer and i will see what i can do"
03-23-2014 02:29 AM

MortanSoundwave Offline

Well I will regularly run demos for my gaming group to get them to take the plunge.