Charge LOS clarification
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Charge LOS clarification
02-25-2014 12:59 PM
Charge LOS clarification

Markgrafgero Offline

After reading around in the rule book and remembering some games i started wondering.

All unit members who want to charge need LOS to declare their target before anyone moves right?
We often had the situation with "typical starter box close formations of 3x2 guys" face each other and spread out while charging. But this is wrong, the models in the second line in a close formation cannot declare charge targets because they cant see over the first line?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014 01:26 PM
RE: Charge LOS clarification

Khazrak Offline

That's why you often have to leave a very narrow gap between the models in the first rank. So, you have to setup your unit 1 round in advance. Can only lead to problems when you want something like Testudo and charge in the next round.
02-25-2014 02:23 PM

Roosta Offline

so the rest of the unit without LOS can only move the charge distance, but not attack, right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014 02:31 PM

DanyBoy Offline

(02-25-2014 02:23 PM)Roosta Wrote:  so the rest of the unit without LOS can only move the charge distance, but not attack, right?

Yes that is right...
02-25-2014 10:45 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Actually this is not true. Since you declare the charge with the whole unit and not with every model and then you make the charge move of every single model in the unit separatly one after the other, the model only needs LOS when it is its turn to make the charge movement. E.g. you take the first model, check LOS, move it, then you take the next model, check LOS etc.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
02-26-2014 01:09 AM

Khazrak Offline

Don't you declare all charges at the same time because all unit models start the same action at the same time? At least this is how it came to us here naturally and nobody ever had another thought about it.
02-26-2014 02:36 AM

Zeria Offline

We have been doing the by model basis , guess it kinda depends on which gaming system you came from before godslayer to which one you natural auto went too for charges. It gets more complex on a pilum assault tactic, there we have been doing that only the models before any move get to throw their plums as they are the only ones with line of sight.

"So you want to save Prince Albert and decide the fate of hong kong, by playing a game of cricket agaisnt Fu-man-chu?....hand me another beer and i will see what i can do"