Stefano Offline

Hi,

reading yours Tournament Rules i noticed this paragraph:

Quote:The warbands used in a tournament must follow all rules for
building a warband as explained in the Godslayer rulebook. Each
player may prepare up to two different army lists for a tournament but
each list must contain a warlord of a different sub-faction

But i can't find anywhere how playing with 2 army lists works:
it means that every round of the tournament i can pick which army list use? or i must chose one at the beginning, for example judging from the opponents faction i see, and discard the other?

Also, i have to pick the one i want use before or after knowing my opponent? And before or after the scenario is revealed?

[Image: banner.png]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014 12:53 PM
RE: Tournament Lists

Zeria Offline

In my experience of tournaments it depends on the tournament organisers, mostly though its you bring two lists and have to play each one at least once during the day, after that you pick and choose which you want to play. But you usually get to look at an opponents two lists he brought, then you pick one of your two lists and so does he, then reveal which list simultaneously that you picked.

"So you want to save Prince Albert and decide the fate of hong kong, by playing a game of cricket agaisnt Fu-man-chu?....hand me another beer and i will see what i can do"
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 02:11 PM by Zeria.)
02-19-2014 01:27 PM

David Offline
Administrator

How this is managed can be decided by the tournament organizers.

Our idea was that you have two lists and you can choose one of them before each battle. so you will need to state if you play your first or second list before you start the game.

Of course you will know the scenario before because they are normally announced at the beginning of the tournament. also you will know what faction your enemy is playing.

We recommend players are allowed to see both lists of their opponent before chosing, but both Players Choose without knowing exactly which list will be used by their Opponent.

That´s the reason for having 2 lists, to make it a little bit versatile against the different factions.

If tournament organizers want to, they can insist on using both lists at least once, but that rather goes against the idea of two lists which is to provide versatility.

We will add a statement about this to the tournament rules. This and the errata must wait until after Tactica con in Hamburg.
02-21-2014 01:20 PM

Stefano Offline

Ok got it, thank you!

[Image: banner.png]