Fomorian Guthackers Preview
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Fomorian Guthackers Preview
06-19-2014 02:25 PM
RE: Fomorian Guthackers Preview

NotAnotherBloodyGnollHorde Offline

well, from the traditional stories I have read, many fomorians only have one eye (I sculpted an eye patch onto one of mine) and many of them look like dogs, so Megalith deviated quite widely from the "conventional" Fomorians. Let's not forget that we are talking about some horrible mutated man-beasts here, and it's no wonder that the size relations between whatever the mongrels sprung from and the clearly bovine guthackers are a bit off...
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014 05:17 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

These are not the Fomorians of irish folklore. Wink

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
06-19-2014 05:34 PM

crimsontree Offline

(06-19-2014 05:17 PM)Raoul Wrote:  These are not the Fomorians of irish folklore. Wink

More like the Leprachauns! Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014 07:20 PM

(06-19-2014 05:17 PM)Raoul Wrote:  These are not the Fomorians of irish folklore. Wink

Well, they must have gotten their name from somewhere. I am still keeping the eyepatch, period.
06-19-2014 09:18 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

I never said there shouldn't be some one-eyed Fomorians. Big Grin

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
06-24-2014 11:50 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Fomorions in Godslayer refers to a size of Beast-spawn creatures between Mongrel size and Minotaur size.

The word in the Godslayer world comes from the Wyldfolk language and got into general use in the common trade-talk language to describe such creatures. Originally it was the Wyldfolk word for all "Beastspawn" but became altered through time. That's the Background.

Of course we based the name on Celtic "Fomorians". From what I know of the Celtic Fomorians, they were quite a mixed bunch of bestial Monsters. the leader Balor had one eye and perhaps some of the others, but I have not read anywhere that a single eye was Standard.

Nevertheless, I like your idea of one-eyed Beastspawn, and I will try to include more Beastspawn with a single eye. That would match well with the fact that the Cyclops has a single eye.
06-24-2014 12:08 PM

crimsontree Offline

The Fimir are Celtic fen-daemons with one eye and are one of my favourite monsters. It was a shame that they were discontinued by GW. The one eyed Fomorion/Beastspawn sounds really cool.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2014 06:27 AM

Well, I wanted to get at least one of them to be a bit closer to my idea of a Fomorian. I could have resculpted into some form of cyclops, but since I am new to greenstuff, the eye patch was the safer option.