Zeria's Warbands

thanks for the praise guys truly. I know what you mean roosta but i will admit for another system that i have which also has a giant bear model…i made him into winnie the poo, hunny pot and all *laughs*.

But anyway, with the starter deals all done its onto extra's and i have a rune keeper and einherjer as well as reaver tyrant and unit of reavers. Also got more troopers for the core units of the starter deals to make them all full. So lots of fun painting and sculpting ahead Smile

"So you want to save Prince Albert and decide the fate of hong kong, by playing a game of cricket agaisnt Fu-man-chu?....hand me another beer and i will see what i can do"

latest editions to the Nordgaard Einherjer unit , with separate shot of the unit leader and their warlord of a Runegate keeper.

[Image: 2014-01-23235730.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-23235745.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-23235640.jpg]

"So you want to save Prince Albert and decide the fate of hong kong, by playing a game of cricket agaisnt Fu-man-chu?....hand me another beer and i will see what i can do"

Nicely done, tomorrow I'll do a photo of mine Runegate Keeper Big Grin

[Image: poland-userbar.png]

a few more models I managed to finish off after building a whole load, so here is two more converted mongrels , one is a boar mongrel the other a dog mongrel. Also my reaver tyrant for that lovely flesh eating vibe.

[Image: 2014-01-25232908.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-28091853.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-25232918.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-28091800.jpg]

[Image: 2014-01-28091905.jpg]

yeah, more mongrels! changing heads and get rid of the horns seems a good way for some more variation!

i have planned to buy a extra core unit too, so this is a good way to keep them individual!
i think i will copy that! ;-)

It is easy as long as you have a good pair of snip's and patience, only thing I would warn of is too look out for the small set of ears it can be tricky leaving them while removing the horns. But can always glue them back if you do. I also swapped weapons around some what, which with pinning them back on a different model makes for an easy way to keep them different.

Nice conversions!

Hi Zeria,

this looks awesome. You conversions add a lot of flavor to your warband. It would be great to have a group picture.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum

Wow. Good job again.

Your Banebrood models will need no plagues.
The rust on the weapons will kill them slowly anyway. Wink

I like the rust effect and the conversions.

Thanks guys, I plan on doing a group shot as soon as I clear my painting desk, so not long now. Also while I shouldn't give away my secrets we are all friends here right? Just don't tell anyone *sly wink* , the rust effect is done using a product from the "modelmates" company called "rust effect" and it's the dark opaque surface one. I find really easy to use basic but I tend to mix weathering powders with it as well to give it a more three dimensional look to it and more like that rust you see that's built over years and years almost causing bubbles in the metal.