Unit Charge
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Unit Charge
11-18-2013 03:17 AM
Unit Charge

Spellscape Offline

Hi all

Just to be sure - Can I Charge same enemy model with several models from my Unit ?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
RE: Unit Charge

Fenris Offline

You can charge the same enemy model with multiple models of your unit. If the Enemy model is destroyed before one of your models had the Chance to make his charge attack, this model may target another model in melee range.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
12-12-2013 10:33 PM

ArcusCalka Offline

Can I charge many models (e.g. a solo and a unit) with models of one unit?

[Image: poland-userbar.png]
12-13-2013 12:58 AM

Christian Offline

Yes.
12-24-2013 02:37 AM

Lopos Offline

So I can charge a unit/char alredy in combat? For exemple i charge with my feral hammerfist an hoplites unit, after this activation can I charge the same hoplites unit with for exemple dusk born? (feral still in rage combat with hoplites)
12-24-2013 02:43 AM

ArcusCalka Offline

Yes, you can charge a unit/model which is in combat but you cant charge when YOU are in combat.

[Image: poland-userbar.png]
12-25-2013 01:03 AM

David Offline
Administrator

This is a common question from players used to regiment games.

In Godslayer a unit can charge multiple models and Units. You pick one model of your unit and declare which model he is charging, then perform the charge Action. then the same with the next model of your unit until all models have charged.

Lets say you have a unit of 10 Hoplites. 9 inches away are a Gorelord, a unit of Maldire Mongrels and an Ursapine.

I use my Hoplite leader and 2 Hoplites to charge the Gorelord, then 2 Hoplites charge one Mongrel. 2 more Charge another Mongrel, 2 more Charge a 3rd Mongrel and 2 more Charge a 4th Mongrel, and finally the last Hoplite charges the Ursapine.

So the unit charged an opposing unit and a warlord and a creature. As you can see, in most of these charges, several models charged each enemy model.

So you can see that Godslayer is a very flexible system and also realistic.

You are not forced to charge only one enemy model or unit, you can charge as many as you want.

You also have no limit how many models can charge an enemy model. For example you could charge 5 Hoplites against the Gorelord if you want.

You can charge one enemy model and also engage a second enemy model. For example, one of your Hoplites charges a clyclops and also engages a model from a Maldire Mongrel unit. In this way the Mogrel unit Counts as engaged.

You can certainly charge enemy models who are already engaged by your troops.

The only restrictions are:

- The models must charge in a straight line
- They can only move up to the limit of their charge movement
- The unit must be in formation at the end of the charge

Only one model of a unit needs to make it into engagement with one target enemy for the charge to count as a successful charge.

If you think it is possible, it probably is!

There are no restrictions except the ones described in the charging rules.

So if you think it is possible, check the section on charges pages 60-65 in the rulebook. If your idea is not forbidden by any of the rules there, then it is okay!
12-28-2013 01:34 PM

Lopos Offline

Another question: I charge with my unit but only with 1 I can reach the target, after first charge action I can spend another token to move the rest of unit in melee range? And continue with melee combat?
I get charge bonus with all, only the one I reach with charge or no one?
If I killed all unit I charged I can move my unit near another one and attack them till I don't finish my tokens? (not another charge)
12-28-2013 03:55 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Yes. You are free to move your unit after the initial attack (only limited by the type of the unit, for example light Infantry 5 times etc.) or fight again or both in any order. The charge bonus applies to all models of the unit if they made a successfull charge and lasts until the end of the turn (so for ALL attacks during their activation!).

You can charge a unit, kill some of them, then move once to get more models into combat and even engage (an)other unit(s) and then again make a round of attacks (assumed you have enough ACT to do so) and all attacks get the +1/+1 charge bonus.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
12-28-2013 05:30 PM

spy Offline

1. What if a unit charges and some of the models are not able to get into formation with the rest of the unit (e.g. half of the unit is in difficult Terrain and fall behind)?

I guess the models which are not in Formation must try to restore formation as soon as possible (by move actions).

And if they restore formation will the also get the charge bonus for further attacks?

2. If a unit charges this round, destroys the unit charged and has some actions left for counter-attack: Will they also get the charge Bonus for counter attack (I guess the charge bonus is only for attacks initiated from this unit)?