Questions after first game (charge dist, counter att, ethereal,model count)

After our first 2 games of 200 points each last friday, we had a blast with our new warbands but some things where debatable to us, these are all minor things but nevertheless good to know.

-Ethereal, is damage halved when an ethereal model attacks another ethereal model?

-Counterattack; let's say a unit of mine is in melee with 2 different units, one of those units decides to make a melee attack in it's own activation. I decide to counter attack, but some of my models are engaging the other enemy unit, do they also make a counterattack or only against the active enemy unit?

-Charge distance, is there a minimum distance you need to travel in order to have a succesfull charge or not?

-Do you count models like the Valyrie to determine who has the least models to get the pass token and priority roll, the rule states; you count the cards in your warband, but is this the warband you have on table or on paper?

Okay, I try to cover everything:

1. An ethereal model damaging another ethereal model gets the damage halved, unless the attack is magical (as with other attacks in principle).

2. You can only counter-attack a model/unit that attacked you as you declared the counter-attack. Thus, in your example your unit could only counter attack the one unit attacking in their activation.
See RB p. 71, especially the right column and the Note.

3. No, there is no minimum movement.
However, you are only allowed to declare a charge if you are not engaged, which means that you also have to be outside of the melee range of your target - so some movement will always be involved.

4. The cards in your warband include all the models/units you paid for, including the ones who are not on the board at the start of the game.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty

Thanks for the fast reply, really appreciated.
All is clear now except the Valkyrie, I noticed the mention of enchanted attacks in the little fluff here Valkyrie but nothing in the rulebook about it. I wish she had it though.

I had some questions as well and since I was in the same battle I thought I post them here.

Can my Fallow Shaman cast a spell on 2 different models/units?
And if so, when he sustains the spell, does it sustain on both models/units?

@Grauenacht:
Mh, not too sure about that bit of text, maybe an out-dated version. I'm no Nordgaarder, but as far as I remember, the Valkyrie had no magical attacks rulewise during the Age of Playtesting. Will investigate further on that matter. Smile

@Ibanezmark:
I hope I get your first question right: You can cast the same spell on different models/units at the same time (but only once on each model/unit).
However, this counts as casting two spells, and it counts as two spells for the purpose of sustaining spells. And as you only may sustain one spell at a time, you would have to choose which instance of the spell to sustain.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty

I guess, this is a confusion because of another game, where ethereal models always have magical attacks. Wink

That's the downside of playing many different games, but I intend to make Godslayer a main game amongst our group of friends.

(11-05-2013, 08:50 AM)Grauenacht Wrote:  Thanks for the fast reply, really appreciated.
All is clear now except the Valkyrie, I noticed the mention of enchanted attacks in the little fluff here Valkyrie but nothing in the rulebook about it. I wish she had it though.

The mention in the fluff about "Blessed Blades" is not intended to infer any rules ability such as Enchanted Attacks.

The following text, found on the model description on the website made me confused
:"The Valkyrie's enchanted attacks make her ideal for combating other ethereal and spectral models and the two-inch range of her spear together with decent fighting skills is a powerful combination. "
you can read it here:
http://www.megalith-games.com/eng_index....7#VALKYRIE

Aha!

That is indeed a mistake!
We Need to remove that.

I believe in early days she did have enchanted attacks, and it was later removed.