some questions after the first match
Megalith Games - Official Forums

some questions after the first match
11-01-2013 01:11 PM
RE: some questions after the first match

joysan Offline

ok perfect! that means that instead, attack having the special rule "the attack deal xdx direct damage" are uneffective because the damage is done after the attack roll,
is correct?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013 01:16 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Aye, that's how I understood it too.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
11-01-2013 01:19 PM

Aisriyth Offline

(11-01-2013 12:58 PM)Raoul Wrote:  One correction on the Deadflesh subfac & Mortuary Charm issue:
After listening to the voice of one of the ancestral creators and looking into the rulebook again, it is now clear that damage can only be halved once, regardless of which effects apply.
RB p. 79 (note): "Nevertheless a model that may halve the damage received may only half it once and is not allowed to use two halving effects to actually quarter the damage received".
So, you actually have to choose which effect you want to use to halve the damage.

Sorry for forgetting that, but specifique combinations of effects can sometimes force you to re-read the rules carefully. Smile

Even better, the old one enlightened me on the matter of the issue with ignoring weapon abilities and the shadowtroll weapons:
The effect of the shadowtroll weapons defining their POW happens before the attack roll and thus cannot be cancelled by the Titanium Liche Helm & Co!
All hail to mighty shadow! Smile

Ahah! I thought i had read that somewhere but when i re-read protection rolls i just assumed that was what i was thinking of!
11-01-2013 01:22 PM

joysan Offline

thanks a lot and glory to the ancestral gods creators so fast to reply us!

Big Grin