demo 300 point shadowtroll vs legio mortis!
Megalith Games - Official Forums

10-30-2013 01:16 AM

joysan Offline

ok that was out first match and probably we need to play more to understand how to use properly any piece with the right sinergy... by the way...

the legio mortis come with a mortifex, 2 molock(proxed) and 2 legio mortis warband

the shadow troll reply with an obsidian nightmare, 2 lighteater, 1x3 longshadow and 1x4 longshadow

first turn, a lot of movements, shadow troll move on the side leaving the nightmare i the middle while the lighteater support with their midnight aura the longshadow to keep them ethereal placing thei haze area to block a possible legio mortis charge and a sure moloch charge. the legio mortis move forward, one legion of dead protect the mortifex, the second one follow a moloch while the last moloch, moving on side prepare to attach the longshadow big unit.

second turn
not sure to be in range of charge the shadow troll reposition themselfs for the next decisive turn keeping some action for counterattack and placing haze effect to block lines of sight, the moloch on the side decide so to engagé the longshadow passing trough the haze area while the second moloch don't risk the charge and use his actions to engagé the same longshadow unit, the nightmare take his chance and so charge the moloch with the help of a lighteater Killing it, exposed to a legio mortis charge that don't damage him too much, in the while on the other side the second legio mortis engage the second longshadow small unit suffering some deads, but using one of his skeleton to channel the mortifex damage the second lighteater.

third turn
the lighteater engage the mortifex but unlucky miss him and a good shot of the mortifex enchanted staff kill him (he was already seriously wounded) in the while the small longshadow unit kill some more skeleton suffering few damage, on the other side the battle is really hard, the moloch bring a longshadow chief to 1hp near the Death and with his second attack cause 6 hp to a second shadow, the nightmare heal himself of 2 hp before to kill 2 other skeleton

fourth turn
on the right of the table the mortifex cause heavy damage with his direct damage spells Killing an injured shadow and resurrecting a skeleton at any round while the skeletons wound the Others but soon the shadow take advantage over the poor skeletons, on the other side the noloch kill a shadow before to die. the ligheater so supporting the nightmare help him to kill another skeleton while he continue to splat them with his huge glooming heavy flail...

fifth turn
on the right, now unengaged the 2 badly wounded shadow charge the mortifex and kill him with 3 critical!!! but after 1 minutes the mortifex come on his feet remembering to be immune to critical for his armour XD, damned mortifex!!! by the way at the end of the 5 turn only the mortifex, healed by potion of life and one skeleton are standing while the shadowtroll have the obsidian, a ligheater, 3 longshadow from deadly wounded to uninjured+1 badly wounded. beeing 11.45pm we finish here XD
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2013 10:58 AM
RE: demo 300 point shadowtroll vs legio mortis!

Grauenacht Offline

Nice read-up of the battle, I find it entertaining to read about the way a game can go in once favor. We just started this game and are currently glueing our latest purchases, in the meantime I try to read the rules and your battlereport of course.
I am looking forward to read about the outcome of this battle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2013 11:16 AM

joysan Offline

ok well as i told we was both... newbye XD, the action token management is really important as the movements.

the mortan faction player admitted that probably one less moloch would let him to set one or more necromagus to support better his legions mortis, one of them found herself isolated and too much distant from the mortifex and from any model trough it could channel.

me, with the shadow troll, i tryed to keep lighteater and longshadow near to benefit the midnight aura for their instability roll, but doing so i left my obsidian alone, taking some little risk, probably, a moloch would be into the limit of a charge range, and be charged from a so powerfull ebast is not easy, but again past the moloch dabger it was blocked by a legio mortis, beeing alone he suffered any round a lot of Attacks with the chance to kill only one or two for round, probably if that was a different unit more effective or better supported my obisiand would risked the Death. the longshadow resisted well and done the most of the work, i ned only to learn better how to use their subfaction ability, also to engage other models after i killed my enemy, withut spent action token to move.

later i will report some question in the question sections Smile

in future probably my friend will try to prepare a romans ehm... mortans technology based faction. after that will decide what models to buy XD
11-01-2013 11:10 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Thanks for the battle report.

Undead against Shadow Trolls sounds like a cool battle!
I guess there was lots of Magic and very Little psychology in this one.

The Mortan undead really need to be supported by Mortifex and/or Necromagus. When properly supported they become decent troops, but when unsupported they are merely speed-bumps. Molochs are amazingly cool Monsters which are difficult to attack and cause heavy damage.

Would be great to see a re-match. Next time you will know your warbands better and then you can use more strategy.
11-02-2013 10:25 PM

joysan Offline

yes a lot of spell but the mortifex done the most because my obsidian worked more as fighter with the heavy flail pow 7, having 2 moloch menacing my left side i sent him to support shadows and lighteater and well, also a moloch attacked by 2 shadows, 1 lighteater and an obsidian can't resist too much XD

in the next future...yes we surely will play again, probably the next time he will use 2 necromagus and one only moloch.

else he would like to try a mix with legio morti+tech or legio+tech

and so waiting a my friend with halodynes and another one wanting a demo with nordgaar dwarfs clan, our Group is growing Tongue