Megalith Games - Official Forums

Toxic effect
07-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Toxic effect

Mspeedy Offline

Threads: 3
Hi all I don't know if I'm over looking it ,I have read the special effects on page 100 ,I can't fined where it says what it does ?

I know how do the expiry tests but what Do toxic do ?

Thanks martyn
Find Reply
07-06-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Toxic effect

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 22
I am not entirely sure I get you right, but "toxic effect" is a category of effects. There is not one general toxic effect, but there are different effects with different ways of doing harm to their victims which are summarized as toxic effects (this categorisation is always found in the description of an ongoing effect).
Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM by Raoul.)
Find Reply
07-06-2013, 10:21 PM

Mspeedy Offline

Threads: 3
Hi thanks for getting back to me ,but I don't get it

If you take bubonic plague and put it on the mongrels and use the infectious bite if hit the are immediately infected with it , but after you do the d3+1 what else happens ? As bubonic plague has the toxic effect but I don't know what it does in game ?
Find Reply
07-06-2013, 11:02 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Bubonic Plague does not have the toxic effect, Bubonic Plague is a toxic effect.
Ongoing effects are categorized into different kinds, and one of these kinds is toxic.

That means Bubonic Plague does the described effect and works as an ongoing effect, with the special detail that it counts as a toxic ongoing effect - which mainly comes into play when diverse other rules affect toxic effects, for example equipment that makes the bearer immune against toxic effects (but not against other ongoing effects).

I hope that makes it clearer. Maybe we can go on in another language if you like.
Find Reply
07-12-2013, 12:36 AM

Silk Offline

Threads: 0
Just for some clarification regarding this rule, heres an example could someone confirm this is the correct way to play the ruling :

My Pestbringer attacks and hits an enemy model with a melee attack,

1. My Pestbringer attacks and hits an enemy model with a melee attack
  2. We resolve the "Infectious Bite" immediate damage from the pestbringers hosted plague (Bubonic Plague "Affected living model suffer D3+1 direct damage)
  3. we resolve melee weapon damage
  4. Enemy model takes an affliction test and fails and is now suffering the Bubonic Plague Continuous Effect
  5. During its activation enemy model fails to remove bubonic plague continuous effect and takes a further D3+1 from the plague

this is how we've been playing the ruling, hopefully this isn't incorrect, but we'll gladly receive the proper order/rules if we've been wrong.

thanks in advance.
Silk
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013, 01:09 AM by Silk.)
Find Reply
07-12-2013, 09:08 AM

Khazrak Offline

Threads: 8
@Silk:

Switch 4 between 1 and 2 and everything is correct. You check first, if a model is affected by a continuous effect before resolving the effects against it. Just imagine, otherwise a unit of Maldire Mongrels with their 2 attacks each, hosting the Bubonic Plague, would snuff out almost everything just with the plague.
Find Reply
07-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Silk Offline

Threads: 0
Normally we would do as you stated, but the infectious bite ruling on the pest bringers has an immediate effect on melee hit, so we presumed this triggered before the affliction test for continual effects?

*edit*
Sorry after re-reading the ruling for infectious bite I see you are correct, the plague is applied instantly rather than the plagues effect, thanks for your help in informing this for us though!
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013, 09:16 AM by Silk.)
Find Reply
07-12-2013, 12:12 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Khazrak has it absolutely right. In any case the affliction test is made before any continuous effect affects its victim.
Find Reply