Forum Avatars
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Forum Avatars
07-01-2012 12:48 AM
Forum Avatars

André Offline
Administrator

Ahoi!

As you may have already noticed, the amount of user avatars is quite limited at the moment. As soon as we get the next painted miniatures, we will increase the number of avatars!

Keep an eye on this thread to get an update when new avatars have been uploaded!

Thanks!
André
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2012 11:36 AM
RE: Forum Avatars

Amontadillo Offline

Is there a possibility to maybe implement independent avatars at a later date? As in via url-hosting etc.?

Though the given ones don't look bad, either. Hoping for some new ones soon Big Grin

Kobrag Wrote:Everything is better with chocolate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2012 01:42 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Hehe, sorry, but we disabled the individual avatar option on purpose! reasons for this was that we would have to check each user avatar everytime it gets changed, so that no one posts any unnnappropriate stuff. With the given avatar gallery we can basically control this and besides that we are able to get a unified look to the forum which hopefully makes it more attractive!
07-01-2012 02:25 PM

Asbjorn Offline

Good idea Andre.... I personally find having to add one's own "avatar" an annoyance.

K.I.S.S. is always a good mantra to abide by.

Lo, they call to me, they bid me to take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2012 04:28 PM

Amontadillo Offline

In terms of forum attractiveness, I think users being able to individualise their profiles is actually a bonus...

But I suppose you have a point on the inappropriate content thing. Maybe when the forum gets big enough to rely on users to report inappropriate content themselves? That would take away the strain on you.

Kobrag Wrote:Everything is better with chocolate.
07-13-2012 07:31 PM

André Offline
Administrator

so, there are a few more avatars available!