Megalith Games - Official Forums

Cover
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Cover

Weegel Offline

Threads: 4
Well - this questions is asked several times in the last few Games now, and really no one can finde rules in the Rulebook, but many references to cover in Tactics, Abilities, and so on. So - what does cover do?

Are we just to warmachinized to find it, or are we just to dumb to find those rules?
Find Reply
02-02-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Cover

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 3
Try the section "screening and cover" on page 75. Wink

Cover gives a model +2 DEF against missile attacks.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
Find Reply
02-02-2013, 09:39 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Threads: 162
I guess you will find all answers on page 75 of the rulebook Smile there are the screening & cover rules!
Website Find Reply
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM

Aquen Offline

Threads: 0
Hi,
I have a question regarding cover too.
What about cover in close combat?
Is it possible to charge models behind cover (for example a wall)?
This question came up to my mind because of the following:

A normal soldier (SV1) can not see a model with SV1 when an object blocks with SV1 is in the way. So this means a soldier, who defends a wall/fence could not be charged? In other Tabletop games it is normally clarified as attacker and defender. Do you get my point? Big Grin

Greetings André
Find Reply
07-28-2013, 09:13 PM

Khazrak Offline

Threads: 8
That's why we play normal low walls and fences as some kind of "sight value 0,5", when they are really way smaller than the miniatures. For convenience reasons, we allow normal movement over them but they give cover/screening to models behind it. The problem in the rulebook is, that you either have no SV or at least 1 and so small stuff light brushes, low walls or fences aren't covered in the system.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM by Khazrak.)
Find Reply
07-29-2013, 02:48 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Threads: 162
@Aquen: in order to charge a model you need line of sight. If a model with a sight value of 1 is behind an object that has a sight value of 1, then it can´t be seen by other models with the same sight value and thus they cannot charge it.

For close combat there is nothing like cover or screening.
Website Find Reply
07-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 3
But you are free to declare some terrain such as low walls, hedges or fences as sight value 1 but with the exception that you can draw LoS through it (and maybe it counts as difficult terrain). So you get screening/cover from shooting but still can be shot at / can be charged / can charge. Just make sure you agree with your opponent before the game what terrain blocks LoS and what not.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
Find Reply
07-29-2013, 08:36 PM

Aquen Offline

Threads: 0
Ok thanks for the responses!

Btw:
@André: You wanted to send me an email regarding the painting of the necromagus.... Wink
Find Reply