shooting over models
Megalith Games - Official Forums

shooting over models
01-15-2013 10:36 PM
shooting over models

Fenris Offline

Hi everyone,

I have a new question regarding shooting. On page 75 in the example, model E with sight value 2 is standing behind an object with sight value 1. In the example he gains the +2 DEF for being in cover. But on page 76 "shooting over models" a model with a higher sight value than the interposing object does not benefit from screening. So model E should not gain the cover bonus.

In addition the rules for line of sight (page 38) say that you cannot draw line of sight through an object with the same sight value than the target and the attacking model.

This should mean, that there is no way a model is benefitting from cover or screening if its Base is completly behind the object. Either there is no LOS and the attacking model cannot shoot or the targeted/shooting model has a higher sight value than the interposing model and due to the rule "shooting over models" the Target does not benefit from screening or cover.

I hope it's clear what I mean. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2013 11:14 PM
RE: shooting over models

André Offline
Administrator

everything should be like explained on page 71. models and objects provide screening when their sight value is lower than the targets or attackers one. what is written on page 76 is an error we need to put into the errata. of course such models and objects provide screening/cover!

if you check page 38 it will also tell you that it is possible to draw line of sight to such models Smile thats written a few sentences later than what you are referring to.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013 07:11 AM
RE: shooting over models

Fenris Offline

Hi André,

Thanks for the answer. That you can draw LOS to a model with a higher sight value was clear to me. But in this case it doesnot provide cover because the rule "shooting over models". Glad this isn't true anymore. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply