Godslayer Blood & Bronze Kickstarter
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Godslayer Blood & Bronze Kickstarter
12-11-2018 04:23 PM
RE: Godslayer Blood & Bronze Kickstarter

Alan Offline

(12-09-2018 02:44 AM)Raoul Wrote:  David is quite active on FB these days.

That seems to be the trend. I just found out that Mantic Games is shutting down its forum. Godslayer is a great game so I would like to see more posts to generate interest. Currently I just have one opponent but hope to do some demo games once I get the updated rules.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2018 04:09 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Your plans sound great!
Not much of an FB man myself, so I'll be around here if somebody should need me. ;-)

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 04:11 PM by Raoul.)
03-04-2019 01:08 PM

Khal Offline

Hi there,

Can you give us any news on the wave 2 progress?
Thanks.

Club: The Green Knight
03-05-2019 10:01 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

(03-04-2019 01:08 PM)Khal Wrote:  Hi there,

Can you give us any news on the wave 2 progress?
Thanks.

Well, here is what David wrote just yesterday:

Quote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Here is the next update.
PRINTING
All English cards and books are at the printer for printing. This was the largest part of the project to accomplish, and it is now done.   German cards will follow in a couple of weeks, but that will be a quick matter because all the layout is done and its just a matter of copy-pasting in text .
To prevent further delays, all orders will be shipped with English cards, and German cards will follow 4-6 weeks later.  So German language players will get both English and German.
ALL Kickstarter product cards will be posted on the KS preorder page for download for backers in a few days so that you can already start using them with proxies.
We are also preparing a Kickstarter Codex and that will be available for download in about 2 weeks.  It is almost finished now. That includes all of the Wave-2 starters, 18 Heroband warlords, Avatars and the Battlebox cards.
In the meantime the rulebook and Wave-1 codex and Heroband cards and screen-savers are available for download.
Oh, and the VAT was paid.  (That's European sales tax for USA backers).  
CASTING
Next is casting. The exact order list has been prepared and casting will begin in a couple of weeks.
After very detailed calculations, it seems the cost of the KS exceeded the money from the orders by 15%, but this is being covered from my personal funds and regular orders over the last few months.  Part of the reason for that is because several of the wave-1 units are out of stock or close to out, and casting a 10 units of 10 minis 50 times each costs a bit of money :-)
Anyway, that was a necessary expense  that would need to be paid anyway. The sculpting artwork, KS design and advertising were also not cheap.
CONCLUSION
Like almost every KS in history, it took longer than expected, largely due to the fact that things had to be done in an extremely economic way using free and low-cost help. 
But the end is now in sight.
As a thankyou for your patience and unwavering support, every Backer will receive a free set of Godslayer dice and new poster (the big battle scene). In the case of combined multi-orders, that means one for everyone who was part of the order.   If funds allow, I will also do a digital print the KS codex for a limited exclusive run, just for you guys.
POST-KS - The way forward after the KS delivery
As the next step I am planning to re-launch the Wave-2 KS later this year.
This will have a lower goal, earlier release of stretch goals, better-painted minis, better videos and better timing (competing against Confrontation was always going to be a risk but we were committed due to the advertising time booked on Beasts of War and Wargames Illustrated).  
There will also be 3 alternate battleboxes (HALO-BANE, MORT-WYLD, NORD-TROG). 
And I also want to launch a super-starter box for Stygian Races (Medusas, gorgons, and other monsters of mythology) OR Nimburians (Godslayer 300-influenced Persians). That would contain a unit with two weapon options, 2 warlords, 2 characters and a creature.  So maximum usability for minimum cost.
Megalith was a struggle for Andre and myself when we were 2 people. After he left, it was a herculean task to prepare Wave-2 by myself.  So what is needed is a few dedicated people with some time and money to become shareholders and help push the project forward.
Anyone interested is welcome to contact me. 
Already Michael B. from Austria has come on-board as graphic designer and his help has been invaluable. Chris our lead sculptor does a lot of the Godslayer sculpting, and for low rates, and Marco gives amazing help with the shipping and storage.
Originally I intended Wave-2 to have 14 releases for each faction, but that will be reduced  to  6 each.  Then the remaining ones will be launched as Wave-3.  Keeping things in bit-sized chunks wakes things more achievable. 
So that's the current update. 
Next update in a couple of weeks.
David

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
03-11-2019 08:12 PM

Khal Offline

Thanks for the update.

I am glad to read the progress that has been made and I' m looking forward to the wave 2 codex.
Has it already been decided witch units will complete the wave 2? This for test-playing reasons. Personally i would like some cavalry in the game.
I am somewhat concerned on the shareholders issue. The best way to support for me is buying mini's.
I have my thoughts on the Nimburians. Is a new faction a good idea while the others are not yet complete?
Kevin

Club: The Green Knight
03-12-2019 12:16 PM

Alan Offline

(03-11-2019 08:12 PM)Khal Wrote:  Thanks for the update.

I am glad to read the progress that has been made and I' m looking forward to the wave 2 codex.
Has it already been decided witch units will complete the wave 2? This for test-playing reasons. Personally i would like some cavalry in the game.
I am somewhat concerned on the shareholders issue. The best way to support for me is buying mini's.
I have my thoughts on the Nimburians. Is a new faction a good idea while the others are not yet complete?
Kevin

Centaurs for sure.

I would like units that are "different" from existing units. For example, Wyldfolk doesn't need more missile troops, so maybe dryads or beasts.