Circle of Death/Trash/Mass Grave and similar attacks
Megalith Games - Official Forums

01-06-2013 03:43 AM

Khazrak Offline

Hi folks, one question please: Did I misunderstand, forget or skip something or how do attacks like the Fjellgangr's Trash-attack or the Cromlech Guard's AOE-melee attacks work? Each time I read something like "attack against each model", I wonder, if I have to attack my own models, too.

I guess and hope not, because then units like the Cromlech wouldn't really work or I had to charge/move the models quite far away from each other into melee combat. Fjellgangrs would have to be alone in a fight or hit their own friends with their Trash attack.

Is there some text telling me "you never hit your own models with any attacks except deviating AOE-templates" and I just didn't find it?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013 01:36 AM
RE: Circle of Death/Trash/Mass Grave and similar attacks

André Offline
Administrator

hehe, unfortunately you just hit all models, also your own ones! Smile
its quite hard to swing a weapon in a huge circle and then just picking the guys you want to hit Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013 01:36 AM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Ther are two different cases. The cromlech and the duskborn chieftain with his chain whips have the important word "may" in the text of the dicribed attack. These are skilled warriors and well trained in formation fighting (cromlech) so they can avoid hitting there own fellows.
The Chainslayer or Fjellgangr on the other hand just swing around there long weapons in an huge arc, so they can't decide to hit only the 2nd and the 5th guy in a row... the same counts for shockwave effects like aura of decomposing of the Lord of decay or the shock wave tactic of the statue. It just spreads in all directions from the originating model.
And same for the mass grave... just bee shure not to bury your own guys Wink

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
01-07-2013 07:25 PM

Khazrak Offline

(01-07-2013 01:36 AM)Simon Wrote:  And same for the mass grave... just bee shure not to bury your own guys Wink

Oh well, you have to break an egg to make an omelet! Wink
However just in case of the Lord of Decay, I really like the idea of a large guy looking a bit like the reaper himself, covered in insects and worms and smelling like a dead animal wading straight into the midst of the enemy troops swinging his scythe left and right, reaping lives like wheat during the harvest. Those who are left and not puking from the sight and smell are then sucked into the ground or feel their bodies rot right before their own eyes. (Aura of Decay) Big Grin
And when foolishly his own troops got too close, then they should have thought about his name earlier.^^

Thanks for the answers!
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 07:27 PM by Khazrak.)