Fenris´Halodynes
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Fenris´Halodynes
05-02-2013 06:21 AM
RE: Fenris´Halodynes

Fenris Offline

Hi Hairy,

My staterbox and the Cerberos are finished. I show all of my finished models in this thread. Currently there are 4 more Hoplites, a second Syntarch and the Sanctuum Priestess on my workbench. Hopefully I can finish them before the Hill Ogres and the Oracle hit the shelves. Wink

I didn't shade the red cloth at all. I start with a dark red and put a lot of layers with strongly thinned down paints on top. I posted a color List a few pages earlier.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013 10:12 AM

Fenris Offline

Hi everyone,

I managed to paint a few hours yesterday and just wanted to show you the new WiPs from the Sanctum Priestess. I added the first red layer on the cloth. Just a quick pic with the phone. Photos of the finished models will be taken with a proper camera. Wink

Michael

[Image: img0264x.jpg]

[Image: img0266ie.jpg]

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
05-11-2013 12:11 AM

The Hairy Painter Offline

Very nice

Hairy
05-11-2013 10:23 AM

Fenris Offline

Thanks a lot. I hope I manage to paint the third layer over the weekend. Would prefer to paint and not to work. Wink

Michael

05-11-2013 12:59 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

(05-11-2013 10:23 AM)Fenris Wrote:  Would prefer to paint and not to work. Wink
This. A hundred times this. Smile

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
05-11-2013 01:13 PM

Yeah im the same, i really wish Hairy Painter was my full time job.

Quick one with the shading, have you tryed shading the red cloth with a watered down blue or green shade? a few thin layers in to the folds

Hairy
05-11-2013 01:27 PM

Fenris Offline

(05-11-2013 01:13 PM)The Hairy Painter Wrote:  Yeah im the same, i really wish Hairy Painter was my full time job.

Quick one with the shading, have you tryed shading the red cloth with a watered down blue or green shade? a few thin layers in to the folds

Hairy

Not till now, but it sounds interessting. Maybe I'll give it a try. I think a dark blue would work best. Maybe even a kind of violet. Don't know if I test it on the Sanctum Priestess, but sooner or later I'll try.

Michael

05-11-2013 01:53 PM

If you look at the colour wheel red is on the otherside from blue and green so it makes a far better shade for red.

Hairy
05-11-2013 03:16 PM

Fenris Offline

Hi Hairy,

Would you always use complementary colors for shading down? I mostly choose them for clearly separating areas. I´ll try a dark blue than. As a "cold" color it should go well with the warm red highlights.

Michael

05-11-2013 04:20 PM

For most things yes but alot of colours i find i can get away with using black, but reds and oranges blue is greats, brown is handy for yellow.

It reall does boil down to how you want it to look, the red you have done is great and very well done.

Hairy