Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter
11-14-2013 03:38 PM
RE: Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

(11-14-2013 11:15 AM)joysan Wrote:  charge, kill one, slay move, kill a second, may be i have 2 other Attacks to kill again 2? so 1 charge 4 gnoll dead Tongue

It is rather like: charge one gnoll (bladeslinger, tribesman etc.), attack like 6-10 (trash attack!). If the charged gnoll is killed, make another trash attack for free (don't forget to move your D3" to get more gnolls into your range Wink). And with an additional ACT from your warlord you can even make a third trash-attack. That will not result in only 4 dead gnolls , but a big slimy pool of meat and guts...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 03:40 PM by Simon.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013 04:17 PM

joysan Offline

oh i know XD i was only counting how much gnoll one single warlord can kill Tongue a unit may surely kill more and more of them.... poor gnoll...all people wanting to kill them XD
11-14-2013 11:55 PM

David Offline
Administrator

(11-14-2013 07:43 AM)eisenheim Wrote:  Sounds a little too mighty to me... doesn't every individual model (warlords, monstrous creatures and characters) gain only one slay movement per activation?

Yes, Slay Movement is very cool and can be really powerful at times.
It was a clever invention of Andre early on during the playtesting. It became a vital part of the game balance and was never changed throughout the 4 years of playtesting.

The reason is that Units have some massive advantages of their own - particularly the mechanic of leveraging their Action Tokens. By that I mean when a warlord gives an action token to a unit of 10 models, he is effectively giving the unit 10 Action Tokens, so the net gain is 9 Action Tokens. This is a huge advantage that units create, and individual models need advantages to balance. One of those is Slay Movement.

So in the end it all balances out.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 11:56 PM by David.)
11-15-2013 06:55 PM

Khazrak Offline

Slay Movement can be really devastating. Lately in a game against Wyldfolk, my buffed Gorelord charged 18" towards the enemy line, kills a Scabtha Hunter, move-slays the Fiannor Farfarer next to it, moves on to the druid standing behind both of them, kills him too and due to the kills now still has some AP left to engage the Wycca Warriors standing nearby and so prevents them from charging in their next activation. Game over on turn 2.^^
11-16-2013 12:08 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Yeah, naturally melee warlords get the best benefit from Slay-Movement because they are already great Killers and buffed with Equipment and tactics, as well as 6 Action Tokens.

After some games it is easy to anticipate just hoe much damage a charging warlord will do, and place your own warlord out of Slay-Movement range.

Remember, Slay-Movement can only counts for the first attack on a Charge, and you must totally kill the model that you charged with the first attack action. So after then doing slay movement, a warlord does not geta second slay-movement if he kills the next target model. It only counts once per Charge.