Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter
02-06-2013 11:00 PM
RE: Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter

Khazrak Offline

Reviving this thread, because it came up lately in a game. Can anyone please point out the page saying that you can switch targets only between actions, for example with Ambidextrous? I was looking through action points and melee combat but couldn't find the right place.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013 11:11 PM

André Offline
Administrator

I need to look up the page for myself, but somewhere it should say that an action needs to be resolved, before you can start a new one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013 12:24 AM

Khazrak Offline

No argument there, but then where is it said, that an attack action has to target only 1 enemy model?
02-07-2013 01:03 AM

Rhunmaki Offline

With ambidextrous You get an identical attack action, after Your first attack action. So identical includes the same target. Right?

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.
02-07-2013 02:03 AM

André Offline
Administrator

the ambidextrous fighter gets you an additional attack that counts as part of the same action. so you are performing one action with two attacks. since it is one action you need to target at a model, there is no changing targets in between because it is just one action Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013 09:10 AM

Khazrak Offline

(02-07-2013 02:03 AM)André Wrote:  since it is one action you need to target at a model, there is no changing targets in between because it is just one action Smile

And that's there point, where I can't happen to find the rulebook page for. Sad
02-07-2013 02:37 PM

Fenris Offline

On page 69 you find the sequence of Handling Charges and melee attacks. Under point 2 you declare the model being charged or the model being attacked. Then under point 4 you select the weapon and attack type for attacking the declared model. Therefore both attacks from Ambidextrous Figther are part of the same action and must be made against the declared model.

I can see your point. The first part of the sequence description should be called "Charge Procedure and Declaring Attacks".

I hope this helps.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
02-07-2013 06:55 PM

Khazrak Offline

Yeah, I just wished, there was some sentenced saying clearly something like "With 1 action, you may always attack only 1 enemy model except when mentioned otherwise. (like AOE-attacks or line-attacks)"
I just wondered because the Nordgaard Fimbul Toughborn Tactic "Twin Shot" explicitly says that with your second shot you have to target the same model as with the first shot but and so I thought that this is the special case and not the normal one.

But the procedure on p.69 mentioning only "the target model" in singular is good enough for me as rules reference, now. Smile

Thanks for pointing this out.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 06:57 PM by Khazrak.)
11-09-2013 02:12 AM

Ibanezmark Offline

(02-07-2013 02:03 AM)André Wrote:  the ambidextrous fighter gets you an additional attack that counts as part of the same action. so you are performing one action with two attacks. since it is one action you need to target at a model, there is no changing targets in between because it is just one action Smile

That's weird. The action is 'making a melee attack' imo, so it doesn't matter if the second attack is on another model (as long as it is in melee range).

I understand that you can't attack a second target on a charge, but on a normal attack, it think it's weird.

Anyway, this weakens the ambidextrous ability according to how I understood it.
But it cleared a lot. Now I have to adjust my tactics Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 02:12 AM by Ibanezmark.)
11-09-2013 10:23 AM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Without special rules, any action is taken out against one target model. And this then includes actions with ambidextrous fighting.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty