Slay Movement and Ambidextrous Fighter

Ok, so here is my first question. I am a little rule fanatic so there will be some more, I think.

The situation:
An individual model with 2 weapons charges a unit of 4+ models.
e.g.: a Duskborn Chieftain with Blacksteel Morning Stars charges a unit of 6 reaver runts.
The Chieftain uses his weapon option with 3 act tokens and the ambidextrous Fighter rule, so he gets two attacks in the same action.
And now I am unsure about what happens. My interpretation of the rules is this:
1. The Chieftain has to slay his charge target with his first attack to get his slay movement. His second attack of the same action is counted as a further attack.
2. The Chieftains second attack is resolved completly alone. So he is not bound to target his charge target again. And the reaver runts can counterattack against his second attack again, despite that the Chieftain's both attacks are resolved in one action.
3. The free attack of the slay movement is only one attack not two. Because you get the same attack for free and not the same attack action, right? So, no ambidextrous Fighter for slay movements.

I hope all points are clear, because my english is a little bit rusted...

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.

Hi,

Unfortunately you misinterpreted it Smile Here´s how it should work:

1. You make an Ambidextrous Figher attack which says that you get a second attack and that it counts as the SAME action.

2. What is the action you are doing? Charging! so both attacks would count as the same action, which means that both attacks counts as charge attacks and thus have to target the same model.

3. If you get slay movement because you killed the charged model with your charge attack(s) you get to do the same kind of attack again against another model for free. So you are again getting two more attacks because of ambidextrous fighter! Smile

Ok, thanks for that clarification.

So, you always have to target both attacks on the same model right?

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.

Yes.

Always or only when the two attacks are "a" charge attack?

Slay movement only works when you are making a charge attack. Ambidextrious fighter only works when you use that attack. So you get only 2 attacks if you use that attack to charge.

Sorry, I should have worded my question more clearly.

Do both attacks of Ambidextrious always have to target the same model or only when these two attacks are a charge attack?

You can change targets between actions, so the first 2 attacks of the same action (charge) and have to target a single target. The next 2 attacks are another action, and may choose a different target.

(12-04-2012, 12:38 AM)Astijan Wrote:  Sorry, I should have worded my question more clearly.

Do both attacks of Ambidextrious always have to target the same model or only when these two attacks are a charge attack?

always.

Thanks, folks.