Megalith Games - Official Forums

Counter attack & Centurion Charge Cost
11-21-2012 10:49 PM
Counter attack & Centurion Charge Cost

Sashgo Offline

Hey,

played a couple of games today and there were some questions:

First:
If a unit gets attacked by an enemy unit and pays to counterattack, do all the models in the unit get to counter attack against each enemy model that attacks it?

Second:
Does the Centurion pays 2 or 1 ACT for charging? Do i pay for charges before i do them (declare them) or when i'm in base contact?

Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012 11:57 PM
RE: Counter attack & Centurion Charge Cost

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

First: if at least one model of a unit is attacked, all can perform their counter attack.
Just imagine: a unit of 4 legionaires charges a unit of 4 hoplites. A syntarch next to the hoplites becomes also engaged by the legionaires, but not attacked with the initial charge attack. The legionaires are only able to engage 3 of the hoplites cause one is behind the other 3 and thus out of range (that leaves one hoplit attacked by 2 legionaires). The hoplites decide to make a counter attack, so all 4 hoplites can make an attack (lets say the 4th hoplite in the back is in 2" range of a legionaire). The syntarch is not allowed to perform any counter attack since he has not benn attacked this action.

Second: the charge attack costs 2 ACT since you pay them when declaring the charge (you also have to pay them on a failed charge...), but all further attacks cost one less ACT if you are in base contact.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
11-22-2012 12:01 AM

Martin Offline

Hi Sashgo,

1. If you declare a counter attack with a unit all models in the unit and in reach of the attacker get a chance to make a melee attack.
If a model of the counter attack unit has no one of the attacking unit in melee range it can not perform a melee attack.

2. The Centurion pays 2 ACT for the charge and after the charge attack when the target is still alive and when he is in base-to-base contact then he pays for the next attack only 1 ACT.

again to late ^^

Don't forget the Halmyr!
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 12:01 AM by Martin.)
11-22-2012 12:16 AM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

(11-21-2012 10:49 PM)Sashgo Wrote:  If a unit gets attacked by an enemy unit and pays to counterattack, do all the models in the unit get to counter attack against each enemy model that attacks it?
As Simon and Martin already answered the questions, I just want to add/specify that every model making a counter attack is only allowed one single melee attack against one attacking model, not one attack against each enemy model attacking.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
11-22-2012 01:02 AM

Sashgo Offline

Thanks. So i've been playing this the correct way Smile