Halodyne Hill Ogres Preview

Hehe, time for another preview of a WIP sculpt!

This time it´s the leader of the Halodyne Hill Ogres.

The miniature is 45mm head to toe and I think it´s looking quite awesome!

Please leave us your comments about it so that we know if we are still facing the right direction!

Thanks!

[Image: MegalithGames_Godslayer_HillOgresLeader.jpg]

Hallo,
I´ve got some thought´s about the miniature.
First the pose is ok, but not really impressive. The details are really nice. The weapon isn´t very good, because I see the weapon breaking every time I carry it to a game. I like it more, when a charakter uses his both hands for long weapons like the one the miniture is carrying.
It´s a good work at all.

Greetings Piper

[Image: k3lp-3-eccb.jpg]

I really like the model. The pose is great. I also think transporting is a problem, but I rather use a really big bag and have a great model then using a ok-model which is easy to transport.

Greetings Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum

I really like that model, even though I imagined the Ogres to be a bit beefier. But I like this more, than a bulkier version of it.

But I can see Piper's point. I love the pose, but the stability of the weapon could be a problem.

So the big guys will get models earlier? Smile Cool model, but I reminds me more of a giant human than an ogre. Ogres are a bit bulkier.

I like the pose, but I'm seeing transportation and stability problems, especially when balancing it on an unbalanced underground (Difficult terrain)

I love this more "realistic" approach to how an Ogre looks - not every Ogre has to look like a comicbook character.

One thing I generally dislike about some of the miniatures including this one is the tendency to have the weapons extend like that. The Pestbringer and some Troglodytes also do that and it really makes transporting them a nightmarish experience (though they definitely look cool).

(11-08-2012, 06:02 PM)Falk Wrote:  I love this more "realistic" approach to how an Ogre looks - not every Ogre has to look like a comicbook character.

Signed. I really like the look of this dude. I think it's okay that he looks more human because halodynes are the "most" civilized people in the world. At least they think they are Wink

Aye. The ogres of Calydorn are near cousins of humankind, not the malformed monstrous cannibals of most fantasy worlds.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty

(11-09-2012, 12:34 PM)Raoul Wrote:  Aye. The ogres of Calydorn are near cousins of humankind, not the malformed monstrous cannibals of most fantasy worlds.

This is a great concept. I really like that.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum

I totally agree with Falk and Sashgo about the looks of the mini (and approximately every Godslayer Ogre), it fits this world far better than a big-jawed, bulking fattie would do. Especially for the Halodynes.

My first thought after seeing this mini was that it was one of the best decisions to get the dips on the Halodynes. I just love the minis, the style and everything about them. They remind me so much of one of my favourite videogame franchises. If you manage to create, lets say, a variant model of the Godquester that looks like Kratos I promise I will make a cake, bring it to you and don't stop hugging you guys until you throw me out! ;-)

6 out of 5 thumbs up!