Continuous effects
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Continuous effects
11-24-2013 08:30 PM
RE: Continuous effects

Ennoia Offline

According to text in my rulebook: "EXPIRY TESTS: A new test may be made at the beggining[...]". So actually, if continuous effect causes only a damage and provides no debuffs or other annoying effects, one could just avoid taking the test, thus avoid taking effect of the attack. Just pointing it out; according to text it is legit.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 09:09 PM by Ennoia.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2013 12:51 AM

Khazrak Offline

But those continuous effects continue to cause damage. There might be no debuff included (like slowness, armor reduce or whatever you can think of), but the damage in such effects is also applied each turn.
11-25-2013 01:41 AM

Ennoia Offline

yeah, except in the rulebook, there is no word about it. Only described situation when continuous effects actually deals damage is after failed affliction and expiry tests. So, if expiry test is optional, taking damage is optional too as it seems, because no test=no damage. I'm not saying this is good way to play, I think it's just a glitch and needs to be fixed.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 01:48 AM by Ennoia.)
11-25-2013 10:43 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Hi Ennoia,

Yes, some better wording or additional sentence in the expiry text section would be helpful to clarify that point. We will discuss a possible errata.
11-05-2014 11:47 AM

Thunder Offline

Ciao everybody! Sorry, I have two questions: 1-cause an "affliction test" is a passive activation the model\unit cannot charge. To avoid this the model\unit may not do the "affliction test", suffering the continuous effect and so being able to charge? 2- damage from continuous effects caused by enchanted attacks (in the specific the Halodyne's spell "Holy fire") can be inflicted to Ethereal models/units full or only halved? Thanks for your answers
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 11:52 AM by Thunder.)
11-05-2014 12:54 PM

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

Hi thunder!
I'll try to answer but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
1- According to the book this is a right interpretation, however according to the latest errata (http://www.megalith-games.com/Errata_RiseOfLegends.pdf) in the point concerning "declaring charges" there is a modification, therefore now you can charge even if you passively activated. If in you passive activation you didn't counterattack or did any of the action explained in the errata you can charge in you standard activation, and performing an affliction test isn't one of the said actions (that would be great for my Xisteri, that must be within 12 inches from the target because of their short range of 6 inches, so they wouldn't risk long charges and even normal charges so much Wink).
2- The damage from those continuous effect is direct damage and the only sort of damage that can be prevented/halves/modified in any way is the one caused by critical hits (also in this case there was the need for the latest errata or any kind of direct damage would be immune to modifications).

I hope this answers you questions and that I got everything right.

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.
11-05-2014 05:24 PM

Thunder Offline

Thanks Septimus for your explanations !!