Release schedule
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Release schedule
12-28-2015 09:49 AM
RE: Release schedule

udunsflame Offline

Thanx for the update! Looking forward for the kickstarter!

Club: The Green Knight
udunsminis
"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it"- Flint Fireforge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2015 11:25 PM

Khal Offline

Thanks for the update David.
Looking forward to the new models.

Club: The Green Knight
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016 02:08 PM

CplHicks Offline

Awesome. Starting to save up for April.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2016 10:11 PM

Atomicaphex Offline

(12-25-2015 02:04 AM)David Wrote:  There’s a LOT going on behind the scenes.

Moloch - The Moloch bases got lost during the transfer of stock to the new warehouse so as soon as we find them the Moloch will be released. The model is being cast largely in resin with some metal parts and a metal base. The resin casts are beautiful. So hopefully within a few days the Moloch will be released.

Xisteri Bombers – Cards and boxes are at the printer. In about 7-10 days we expect to receive the packaging and cards and then they will be released.

Well..., I do not want to be a troll, so I will say as gently as possible that: "I am really tired of this. How is it even statistically possible to be wrong this often. I dont get it."

No long post please, no explanations please, and above all no promises please... it would just be nice if there was a connection between what we are told and what happens out here in reality.

I need to see some new models in the store before I throw any money after that april kickstarter. If there are no new models out by mid april - then I am outta here.

/Atomicaphex
01-17-2016 09:08 PM

David Offline
Administrator

As a note regarding Wave-2 Kickstarter; all models will be finished sculpted before we launch the Kickstarter, and they will be shipped without official boxes, so that will eliminate all delays for painting and printing boxes. That means we will be able to ship orders within a couple of weeks of the Kickstarter ending.

Regarding the Moloch, I will just re-post the apology from our second casting company who attempted the difficult job of casting the Moloch. Our first caster failed in terms of quality so I refused to release it. This company really did a fantastic job.

"Calling all gamers a sorry from Switzerland!!! The Moloch and Cerberus figures are highly detailed. Production in tin was hardly possible at Moloch. Therefore, the resin casting was selected. I initially had difficulties producing these great details in 100% PU Resin. Only after several attempts I managed to create high quality castings. Now everything is fine! The figures are on the road to megalith-games and will probably be available in the coming weeks. Feedback on the resin figures are highly desirable. Again sorry for all that had to wait. The wait was worth it. You'll see. :-)"

Since Andre left I had to use others to take the photos and prepare the cards and boxes, the first designers I gave the job too failed repeatedly to fill the printer's technical requirements. Now we have a good partner who is managing that. So future releases will be much smoother.

In order to avoid disappointment I will not post release dates until we are a few days away from the release. Instead I will only post the actual status.

So here is the current status

Moloch - metal bases and resin bodies are due to arrive this week. Cards and boxes are printed.

Xisteri Bombers - Boxes and cards are due to arrive at the end of this week. Minis are already cast.

Fimbul Toughborns - Box layout is currently being done. Cards are printed, minis are cast. Boxes should be printed in about 7-14 days.

Amazon Hunters - Box layout is being done now. Cards are printed, minis are cast. Boxes should be printed in about 7-14 days.

Skulleaters - Will be sent to the caster at the end of this week.

Wyldfolk starterbox - being painted
New Ursapine - being painted
Fjell Warriors troopers - being painted
Hoplites troopers - being painted

Anyone who wants to speed up the release of the next models is invited to help me with that.
By that I mean play-testing. We have gotten a lot done, but deadlines are closing fast, and the wave-2 starter-deals still need more playtesting over the next 12 weeks.

So anyone who wants to help speed up the next releases - please email me. david@megalith-games.com.

That includes you too atomicaphex! :-)
01-18-2016 12:27 AM

Alexander Offline

Nice, thank you very much!
How about that first Nemesis-Box? Smile Can't wait for that cool chimera.
01-18-2016 03:56 PM

MadcatM69 Offline

David, did you ever think about a boxless pre-release? I would happily buy the amazons and the toughborns without a box, as long as there is the card ....
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016 03:58 PM by MadcatM69.)
01-18-2016 11:38 PM

David Offline
Administrator

(01-18-2016 03:56 PM)MadcatM69 Wrote:  David, did you ever think about a boxless pre-release? I would happily buy the amazons and the toughborns without a box, as long as there is the card ....

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. It would increase the speed by 4-5 weeks in most cases.

I think we will do that for Wave-2!

For the Toughborns, Amazons and Xisteris we could also do that as soon as we get that cards from the printer, which should be in a few days.

I need to discuss and arrange this with our shipping.
01-19-2016 12:07 AM

Don_Silvarro Offline

I'll go a step further: have you considered reevaluating your packaging and presentation? With all the stuff getting sculpted and cast relatively rapidly, seems to me the actual chokepoint in releases is the part where you send stuff to paint, paint the stuff, photograph the stuff, edit the photos, send the box template to printer, get boxes printed and send boxes over.

And possibly the packing part, since it involves getting the individual models in their baggies, putting the inner box together, putting the outer box together, putting the foam in the box, putting the baggies in the box and then putting the inner box in the outer box. Quite a bit of manual labour (done by hand I presume).

I did a brief, let's call it 'internship' at a resin miniature casting and e-storefront company last year, so I can speak from experience that even though the process is pretty simple and brainless, it can add up to a fair chunk of time when you have a bunch of stuff to pack. That's time you or your minions are not spending doing marketing, sales negotiations, casting new stuff, actually sending stuff over etc. And all we had was a see-through blister with a label to print off an office printer and stick - I imagine Megalith style packaging must be a nightmare to do.

I think it might be prudent to reevaluate if a more modest packaging, possibly see-through blister style, might be more beneficial to cut both costs and time spent on getting product ready for release. I know you are determined to offer the highest quality and all that, but let's be honest here, Godslayer models are good, but they aren't the Ferrari of the gaming world and the packaging won't change that. Especially since you have stated a few months back that you'd like to concentrate on online and direct sales and not brick and mortar retailer sales, which is literally the only instance when packaging makes any difference. With the nerdy gamer demographic you are selling to and all the internets available to them, I'd even argue it makes no noticeable difference at all.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016 12:25 AM by Don_Silvarro.)
01-19-2016 02:31 AM

MadcatM69 Offline

David, sounds great - put them up, and you will have my order within a day....Smile