THE FUTURE OF TOKENS
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Poll: Would you like the new token idea?
Yes, makes it much easier!
No, I like the old design more.
I don´t care that much.

[Show Results]

THE FUTURE OF TOKENS
01-18-2015 03:19 AM
RE: THE FUTURE OF TOKENS

Jango1978 Offline

I'd like plastic counter. Really Cool.

[Image: banner.png]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2015 12:36 PM

Thorimo Offline

the idea of reusable, color-coded tokens seem a great plan.
01-23-2015 02:07 AM

André Offline
Administrator

All right, so far there are 50% voting for the new kind of tokens.

So what about this: we take care of producing acrylic tokens AND will deliver the generic new token design with the miniatures? Seems like this is what most of you guys want?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2015 10:44 AM

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

For now it seems to be the best choice, thank you Smile (in the future, when plastic tokens will be available, the paper ones might even be superfluous).

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.
01-23-2015 10:46 AM

Don_Silvarro Offline

(01-23-2015 02:07 AM)André Wrote:  we take care of producing acrylic tokens AND will deliver the generic new token design with the miniatures?

Personally I think that would be wasted effort to do both, but if it

Quote:Seems like this is what most of you guys want?

then that would be the way to go.

Quick question: will the writeable paper tokens be larger than the ones currently available? If not, I can't really see how you could squeeze dry-erase marker lettering onto a tiny little token like that. Unless you buy special super-thin dry-erase pens at the office/art supply store. I have one so no issue for me, but I guess it could be considered a hassle by some.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 10:47 AM by Don_Silvarro.)
01-31-2015 08:45 PM

Skylifter Offline

(01-23-2015 02:07 AM)André Wrote:  All right, so far there are 50% voting for the new kind of tokens.

So what about this: we take care of producing acrylic tokens AND will deliver the generic new token design with the miniatures? Seems like this is what most of you guys want?

Not quite that. Instead, stick to the current paper tokens AND sell acrylic ones seperately. It will allow those who want acrylic tokens to buy them, and those who want the paper tokens will not have to pay extra for something they don't want.

Also, don't do generic ones. Having to write the long names on them will be difficult with an erasable marker, and it will also look shit on the table, whereas your current markers look awesome.

The thing is, I really like your tokens, they look great, they feel good, and are just a nice thing to have. Now if you release future models without them, I'll be very annoyed at having to mix old an new (paper and plastic) ones. And I do NOT want to have to buy plastic tokens for the old ones, especially as those probably won't look as good.

This may seem a minor issue, but consistency is important. People here in Hamburg basically stopped playing Godslayer completely last spring.

That was partially due to the confusion with the German and English cards. Those who already had armies didn't want to mix languages, but the local shop suddenly only had the German cards. It probably also had to do with the bad quality of a few sculpts you published around that time, but the cards issue was part of it, as well. Overall, it meant people lost trust in you as a company to continue to consistently produce the quality you started out with, and in providing them the chance to buy what they wanted. Yes, they could have gotten the English cards by buying online, but most people don't want to buy online when they play at the local gamestore.

Another thing: many people who don't like the current paper tokens already use acrylic tokens from Privateer Press or GaleForce Nine already anyway. Some of them may buy yours, when you release acrylic ones. Those who don't use those yet but stick to the paper ones probably won't buy acrylic ones and won't want generic paper tokens.

So in closing, my advice is to keep the tokens as they are, and seperately release generic acrylic ones that you can write the name of the tactic or spell on. Don't do generic paper tokens.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 08:47 PM by Skylifter.)
02-02-2015 01:01 PM

udunsflame Offline

Hi,

I agree with Skylifter, it would be nice if you could make acrylic tokens.
I would propose that you make acrylic tokens with a special symbol for the different abilities...
Like the ones from warmachine. Seen here

I'll try to explain myself, but my english is not that good:
- You could have acrylics in the color of your faction.
- For unit tactics you have square acrylics
- For Self tactics you have round acrylics
- For enemy tactics you have triangle acrylics
- Maybe some specifics for that faction; Like for plagues a triple sphere acrylic...

Instead of square/sphere/triangle you could off course make something more specific...

On those tokens you should than be able to write the specific tactic/ability/...

Club: The Green Knight
udunsminis
"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it"- Flint Fireforge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply