Megalith Games - Official Forums
A Sculpt from the Other Side - Printable Version

+- Megalith Games - Official Forums (https://forums.megalith-games.com)
+-- Forum: COMMUNITY (https://forums.megalith-games.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: News & Rumors (https://forums.megalith-games.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: A Sculpt from the Other Side (/showthread.php?tid=313)

A Sculpt from the Other Side - André - 12-27-2012

We are continuing with another image from a WIP Sculpt to share our current developments for the future releases!

What you can see on this image is the current model of the Troglodytes Lighteater.

Please note that the miniature on this image is "Work in Progress"!

[Image: Sculpt_Lighteater.jpg]

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - Mokus - 12-27-2012

Hmm I like it but I have a feeling that something is missing. Ok the face is missing, but is it necessary?

The other Shadow Trolls have helmets, hence they don't really need a face, as the helmet "replaces" it.

Hmm or is that gap on the head a "mouth"?

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - Fenris - 12-28-2012

This looks really promising. Big Grin

Michael

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - Manus Atra - 12-28-2012

Hmm... doesn't look very... trollish! ^^
But a nice wraith all the same...

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - Huscarl - 12-28-2012

And the first Shadow Troll has arrived ...
Looks good to me, but I`m not really a fan of the Troglodytes.

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - PraetorDragoon - 12-28-2012

AWESOMENESS! I need one...

(12-27-2012, 11:46 PM)Mokus Wrote:  Hmm I like it but I have a feeling that something is missing. Ok the face is missing, but is it necessary?

The other Shadow Trolls have helmets, hence they don't really need a face, as the helmet "replaces" it.

Hmm or is that gap on the head a "mouth"?

Shadow trolls are literally living shadows. They belong to the trolloth and are thus called trolls because they are members of the primordal shadow race. And as they are shadows, they don't have much face of themselves. The helmets/armor are more to take physical shape than to protect themselves. (But it helps)

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - Mokus - 12-29-2012

I'm familiar with the Troglodyte fluff Wink Even it is a primordial shadow race, it doesn't mean it shouldn't have a face.
And shadows can have faces, don't you remember the shadows in your room, cast from street lights, when you were a child? Wink
Nevertheless, I like the miniature!

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - Fenris - 12-29-2012

(12-29-2012, 11:35 AM)Mokus Wrote:  And shadows can have faces, don't you remember the shadows in your room, cast from street lights, when you were a child? Wink

Great! Now I'll find no sleep tonight. Wink

Michael

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - CdI - 12-29-2012

Shut up and take my Money ;-)

RE: A Sculpt from the Other Side - PraetorDragoon - 12-30-2012

(12-29-2012, 11:35 AM)Mokus Wrote:  And shadows can have faces, don't you remember the shadows in your room, cast from street lights, when you were a child? Wink

That's why it doesn't have a sculpted face. The shadows will form a face on it Smile