Megalith

You are right, it's not possible, as the Megalith has LEAD 0 and a channeler can only channel stuff to another channeler in it's LEAD range. However, having one channeling Megalith can already increase your ranges significantly. Smile

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty

Your right it is already a long long increase, which is very cool! My megalith was the first model I've got painted up for Godslayer, and I'm really pleased with how it looks - Just realised it's quite fitting for my first item finished from megalith games.

While we are on the Megalith: The transfer Monument spell says "target monument may be placed anywhere within 8" of it's original position" I think it should be "target monument may be placed anywhere within 8" of it's current position"... with the current wording 'original' would refer to it's placement at the start of the game... which is fine the first time you move a monument; but crazy the second time (potentially moving 16"); moreover you would have to keep track of it's original location.

Getting back to main topic. Mnil Stated its very strong model and 3 svalue is to strong in scenarios. Im asking why. His own game proved that this Overpowered model can be destroyed in ONE turn with good charge. And if i use it for scoring usurper or bridges it obviously avalible to attack it in first turn. In the other hand would you ever mind attacking megalith if it wouldnt be a threat in sight values ? I think not. It would be only low mobility buffing station (If you want to make it movable you need another circa 25 points and posiibility that moving it would fail). Without Sight Value points megalith would be easy to outplay by smart positioning.

If talking about lore and logical sense. In my opinion Megalith must have sight value in some way even if destroying it would grant some addition for enemy. Even in some stories written in rule or lore book there is clearly stated that enemy are often willing to get megalith destroyed or stolen. Giving it 3 sight value make this story appear on tabletop gaming. Usurper-Megaliths on a hill and two army rushing to get them. One to protect it, other to claim it and destroy it.

By toring his Sight Value and scoring abilities megalith would be only some background buffing station without real impact on game tension or story plot (yes this is very important fact in skirmish games for me, i would even say most important).

Until there is a final answer (I guess it will be included in the coming errata), just play it the way you want! The rules should never be a dogma and if you and your friends like them changed, change them! The most important thing when playing games is having fun! So do as you please to maximize your joy!!! Wink

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

I think we were on topic - talking about the megalith... and then a spell affecting the megalith!

Looking forward to the errata.

"The most important thing when playing games is having fun!"
My new Life motto.