Megalith

Does that model count as "points maker" in scenarios - Briges and Hill?

We can call it stationary model?

[Image: polanduserbar.png]

Yes, the Megalith counts for Points when it is destroyed just like any other model.

That's obvious but what about "control" points in "Bridges of Death" and "Usurper"?

I'm gonna say NO to that. It would be unfair and unbalanced if the Wyldfolk Player gained lots of Control Points every round for basically nothing.

Its a good point, I am glad you mentioned that.

Then this is slghtly unfair. If i can get points for destroying it why i cannot score with it. Not to mention that this is only one Sight Value 3 model in Wyldfolk Army. Only Blocker for Fast Pace Ursapina score movement. Think about it.

Second thing. You say that megalith scores for basically nothing. Im saying he is scoring instead of triggering power. If i put him on the other half of enemy table it would be slightly hard for me to store AP on him or leach them. Not to mention using his auras effective. Im trading his abilities for Sight Value for scoring. Others armies have Sight Value 3 models that scores while fighting, shoting, making plays. My megalith is doomed for death i cannot heal him or reposition him. It is tactical decision and in my point of view its connected to lore to. Presence of megalith is important to them, so it is increasing Wyldfolk ferocity to take control of some points.

My proposition to make it more fair. Maybe ad ablity that Ogham Megalith Scores Sight Value as a model as long as there will be druid/warlord/spelcaster to activate it ? It would be like another tactical objective for Wyldfolk player and scoring wouldnt be for nothing. (Especially that one of my warlords concealment is blocking his scoring possibilieties)

I have to agree with Rhevean, that with the lack of ability for one of our Warlords to gain control points, that having the megalith also not count just adds to the imbalance - It would make it quite possible to have a sensible army build for 300 points where one third of it does not provide control points!
Admitedly, 19 points for 3 control points on a passive model that can be deployed anywhere makes it unbalanced in the opposite direction, as this way taking two megaliths could provide 6 control points from turn 2 from just deploying the models.

How about a tweak on a line similar to Rhevean, but have "passive models" score 1 control point (or sight value if thought to be more appropriate) when in LEAD range of a friendly model?

And additional question related to the megalith Power source though....

Each megalith can only be activated once per round?
e.g. I assign ACT tokens by one warlord, and can't do anything more.
or
Each meaglith may be activated more than once per round, but cannot be activated more than once by the same model?
e.g. I can assign ACT tokens by one warlord and activate aura with a druid, (possibly assign or leech ACT tokens from a second warlord if 500 points or more), BUT CANNOT assign ACT tokens AND activate aura by one warlord on the same round.

I suspect it is the later option, but not 100% sure.

I can agree with some things, but you should remember that Megalith is not taken into account of your cards, in adition you can "skip" your turn with that, it channels spells, stores tokens, gives tokens, tactics for 19 points with 16 HP and 10 arm, anywhere on the batllefield...

Please, boys...

Rheavan and TEFFH,

I understand your point.
We will discuss and it will be clarified in the coming errata so that there is a fair solution.

Each Megalith can be activated once per round and may be activated by the mentioned models. It is possible for the warlord or Druid to activate 2 Megaliths - I mean one warlord or one druid can activate 2 Megaliths per round.

(04-09-2014, 05:16 PM)David Wrote:  Each Megalith can be activated once per round and may be activated by the mentioned models. It is possible for the warlord or Druid to activate 2 Megaliths - I mean one warlord or one druid can activate 2 Megaliths per round.

I think this is not clear from the card "each friendly warlord and/or spellcaster that has the Ogham Megalith within his LEAD range may trigger one tactic of the Ogham Megalith per round by..."

In my opinion it is only the limit on one tactic per model that possibly limits this too once per round. RAW two druids could each activate the same megalith once per round without breaking the RAW... The "each " needs to become "once per round a ".

Additionally: From the wording on Power Source and Time Vault (and I think this is not your intent) a druid within 7" (his LEAD) of the Megalith could, using power source, activate the "Time Vault" Tactic of the Megalith where upon a warlord within 6" of the megalith could assign or leach action tokens... This doesn't really break anything; but if it is the case the Time vault tactic should cost 0 not *; it is it's effect that messes with action points - not it's activation.

It amuses me that a Druid could shape shift into a Megalith... at the cost of a terrible next turn! (having generated 0AP)... however shape shifting into the Warlord (and not sustaining it) is pretty cool for gaining +1 AP next round; you own personal time vault!

Just been thinking about having two Megalith's... it is a real shame that they have LEAD 0. It would be really cool to channel a spell through one megalith along the ley lines to another megalith and then out again!

Am I right in thinking this is not possible at the moment?