Dreaded
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Dreaded
04-05-2014 11:29 PM
RE: Dreaded

Grimnir Offline

Ok David,
you are the creator of the game, I don't won't argue with you and I will play as you said. But IMO Huscarl's solutions sounds very interesting Smile
For 300 pts game I still can't find place for Einherjers, but maybe it's only my problem (they are too much profiled for my style of game).
Instead of them I preffer to take two Fjellgangrs or Fjellgangr and Chainsleyer, they give me much more options and make my Warband more versatile.
Of course you are right, I've forgotten that all the Warlords have build in Hardened Will.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014 11:41 PM

Mnil Offline

Einherjers with RGK - resilient on 4+, valkyrie, boosts, brewer, are you kidding me? Smile

[Image: polanduserbar.png]
04-06-2014 12:11 AM

Huscarl Offline

@Mnil: Well, that is bad luck. Quite frustrating for you as Banebrood player.

It`s good to hear that a clarifying errata is on the way Smile
04-06-2014 07:30 PM

Khazrak Offline

(04-05-2014 11:41 PM)Mnil Wrote:  Einherjers with RGK - resilient on 4+, valkyrie, boosts, brewer, are you kidding me? Smile

All stuff, thas has to be heavily paid in points and in a 300 points game is almost your whole army.

If we go down that road, we could name quite a few combos, that are very strong (especially as Banebrood player you should know), but let's not forget that we all have heavy stuff and it's intended to be this way.
04-12-2014 08:30 AM

HowNotToWargame Offline

Part of the gamble/skill is to protect the support until your einherders have done there damage. If you play against a faction which can project its force easily (wildfolk being the obvious example) it's going to be hard to implement, but against armies which rely on hand to hand (banebrood?) Then its going to be easier to achieve.

@hownottowargame
If you live in london, come and join us at Tanelorn - http://www.tanelornwgc.org
04-12-2014 11:19 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Most subfactions rely to a greater or lesser degree on melee to get the Job done. Notable exceptions - a Magic-heavy Temple warband or a shooty-heavy Wyldfolk warband.

However, Shooting is not going to be terribly effective against Einherjer with their basic ARM of 9 which can be buffed by the Brewer, Warsmith and Runegate Keeper.

They also have MAG5 which is pretty high for a unit, and makes magicking them to death a challenge.

They were designed that way, so that they are likely to get into melee, either by engaging the enemy or forcing the enemy to charge them. So in most cases they will be useful. Only in a scenario which relies exclusively on speed will they be redundant.

So I would say they are a useful option in most cases, but they are really for Dwarf Players. Personally I prefer a faster, more varied mix for my Nordgaard warband, but Andre (co-creator of Godslayer and all-round good guy) loves his bearded stumpy guys, and has crushed many foes with them. So I think its more a matter of taste not their functionality.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 11:21 PM by David.)