-Shadecrushers - 10

-Dragonscale Armor - 12

-Mask of Dusk - 6

Iron Brutes x 5 - 80

Fleshpounder - 48

Lighteater - 32

Hammerfirst - 38

TOTAL = 280

While I lost, I did fairly well with the KP difference being only about 30. The Fleshpounder got tied up by a Princeptor for a while, eventually being killed by a Scorpio shot. Brutes did alright, trading hits with a unit of Legionnaires. The Chieftain stole the show, killing the Centurion in combat as well as murdering a few Legionnaires himself. The Lighteater died but did his job with Eclipse during the necessary rounds.

The Hammerfist however was a total disappointment...again. Maybe I just have terrible luck but he never seems to do anything. Rumble always fails. His damage output is considerably lower than either the Brutes or the Fleshpounder, with the latter at least being able to deal direct damage. So I want the Hammerfist out and would rather replace him with something else. Note that I hate proxies so the only choices I'm allowing myself are current releases.

At first I was going to swap him with a second Lighteater, figuring that two Eclipse effects would pretty much let me dictate LoS for the game. However that would make me drop even further from the 300 pt. limit and as a rule I try not to drop more than 10 pts. under. Had to make an exception with this list though as these are the only models I have assembled.

So now I'm thinking another unit of Brutes, either as a min unit or having two units of four. This gets me much closer to the 300 pts. and I trust the Brutes to deal considerably more damage than the single Hammerfist. My Lighteater may end up working a little overtime but this is what I'm leaning towards at the moment.

I do have a unit of Longshadows that still need to be assembled so they could be a factor. However their point cost makes them even more difficult to fit into my list.

My overall strategy right now is to have the middle covered by a unit of Brutes with the Chieftain behind them. Let the Brutes act as the spearhead and then have the Chieftain come in once combat as started to tip it heavily in my favor. Meanwhile on one of the flanks I want either the Fleshpounder or the Fleshpounder and another unit of Brutes come in and basically apply pressure to my opponent. If they leave it undefended between that and my vanguard the middle will collapse. If they pull models over to the flank to deal with the rest of my force then they have less to use to deal with my Chieftain/Brute combo.

The Lighteater(s) will be used to throw down Eclipse where need-be. Ideally in front of one of my forces letting me dictate LoS to/from them. Eclipse could also be used as a defensive tactic on my undefended flank, bogging down my opponent by denying him LoS to charge.

So what say the vets here? More Brutes or a second Lighteater? Or do you have something else in mind? Thanks!

The Dice Gods are a cruel and fickle pantheon.

I play:
Troglodytes - "Look, if you would all just maintain the balance we wouldn't have to smash you."
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2014 01:25 AM
RE: 300 pt. list advise

David Offline
Administrator

For fun I would recommend a second unit of Brutes, but if your opponents are mostly fielding lots of heavy infantry, then a second Fleshpounder would be the best option for victory because of their direct damage attacks, they can really mash their way through Units of Legionnaires etc.
03-18-2014 01:16 PM
RE: 300 pt. list advise

Markgrafgero Offline

Quote:The Hammerfist however was a total disappointment...again. Maybe I just have terrible luck but he never seems to do anything. Rumble always fails.

I never used rumble. It works only for lower armored models and these are fine to be slaughtered anyway. You can have 3 more attacks instead.
Very situational ability, lets say you face a low armored opponent with high damage and ready to counter attack a lot, then it may be useful to bowl them over before attacking. But you need someone else to finish the job because they will just spend 1 action to stand up and kill the Hammerfist after in this situation.