Scabtha Hunters
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Scabtha Hunters
12-17-2014 10:28 PM
RE: Scabtha Hunters

eshjus Offline

Here I am again guys XD

I've got two question: let's assume that with my 5 member Scabtha unit I'mm declaring a MIS attack against a model with low health point/unit with two model very wounded and in LoS and RNG of the weapon there is more enemy. With this premises:
1. If i hit and kill the model/unit with only two of my 5 scabtha, can i attack another model/unit , always in LoS and range of weapon or the other attack of my unit are lost?

2. if i make a successful charge against the wounded model/low hp unit and i kill him/them with the assault of 2 scabtha, the other 3 can change target of the charge on the other unit, if in range? and what happened if there is no other model in the enemy unit during the assault charge? The scabtha move anyway?

I hope that you can understand everything Big Grin
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2014 11:39 PM

spy Offline

1. Ranged combat is handled one after the other. You decleare the target of your first archer and roll the dice. If your first archer kills the first target model you choose the next target for your second archer and so on until you are through with your unit.

Rulebook page 74:
When units shoot they are handled one model at a time,
with the target being declared, the range being checked,
missile attack roll and Damage Roll (page 79) made for one
unit member, and then repeating with the next unit member.

2. Close combat happens simultaneously.
You have to decleare all attacks from your models and then you start rolling dices.
So: If against an enemy you decleare 2 of your models as attacker and the ememy model dies from the first attack the second attack is lost. You may not decleare a new target...
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 11:45 PM by spy.)
12-18-2014 03:58 AM

eshjus Offline

But the assault ability of the scabtha says that if the target model is killed by the POW2 MIS attack she can redirect the charge against another model cause its done before every charge movement. but what happened if there is no more model to charge, or there is but of another unit?
12-18-2014 07:18 AM

spy Offline

(12-18-2014 03:58 AM)eshjus Wrote:  But the assault ability of the scabtha says that if the target model is killed by the POW2 MIS attack she can redirect the charge against another model cause its done before every charge movement. but what happened if there is no more model to charge, or there is but of another unit?
The text of this tactic is:
If a charged model is killed by the assault, the hunter may redirect his charge against another enemy model within 2" of the originally charged model and within his charge range.
So: Yes if the 2 conditions above are met.
12-18-2014 12:28 PM

eshjus Offline

Ok, i understand that. But what happen if there is no more model to charge cause the POW2 attack kill the enemy before the movement? The hunter may move anyway in direction of the dead model they charge or they may choose to stay where they was when they declared the charge? I want to understand this Big Grin
12-18-2014 06:54 PM

spy Offline

Wow! A very good question.

Charge Procedure:
1. Nominate charging model/unit
2. Select model(s) being charged
3. Select type of charge
4. Select weapon and attack type
5. Move chargers and determine if charge was successful
6. Defender now has the chance to declare counter attacks
7. Continue with the melee procedure

The Charge is not a failed Charge because you have measured the distance for the charge BEFORE the model died.

Personally I would say you still have to move the models.
Since your charge was sucessfull initially and if a charge is sucessfull you move the model to the point you defined before.

The shooting happens before you move the models.
But you must have measured the distance already to see if the charge is sucessfull.
Or the hunters are not allowed to shoot.

Still it would be nice to hear the oppinion of a moderator for this case... Smile
12-18-2014 08:42 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

You are right, spy. That is exactly how it works. If all enemies in range have been killed by the bow charge (assault etc.) just make the normal charge movement (think of them as shooting while running towards the enemy...) and do whatever you want afterwards with the activated unit.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 09:38 PM by Simon.)
12-19-2014 03:00 AM

eshjus Offline

Ok, thank you again for the explain Smile