Banebrood 160pts
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Banebrood 160pts
07-19-2012 08:36 PM
Banebrood 160pts

Ridmasta Offline

I'll get the ball rolling, Banebrood will be my main faction, love the art and imagine the models will be amazing. This is what i plan on starting off my games with

1 Gorelord - 67pts
Bleeder, Horn Plate Armour

1 Pestbringer - 43pts
Bubonic Plague, Heartkill Plague

4 Maldire Mongrels - 48pts

158pts

The Plan is to get the Gorelord into combat with an enemy unit and mess them up! With the combination of 2 axes and bloodthirst he should make short work of most opponents, and each of those kills is going to get the Mongrels moving up the field at lightning speed.

The Pestbringer is a good fighter, but no warlord killer, he will be used to buff up the Mongrels with their multiple attacks making good use of the bubonic plague. He also has the option of a suicide attack on an elite unit by infecting as many as possible with the heartkill plague to slow them down or make the return attacks minimal!

My Blog: http://fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.co.uk/

Miniature Painting Service and Hobby Site
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012 08:57 PM
RE: Banebrood 160pts

André Offline
Administrator

Sounds good so far! You could also use the cheaper Axe & Pick weapon and save 4 points. Then you could get rid of one of the plagues, let´s say Heartkill Plague which saves another 6 points. This way you have 12 points left and that could get you the Helm of Despair which is pretty nice to have if you are surrounded by guys in melee! This one costs 4 points more than the Hornplate Armor, so you have 8 points left to spend. For 7 points you could get the Witchweed Extract which boosts your basic statistics by 1. Remember that MOV is also a basic statistic so by now you should know when to use it best! Smile

But that´s just an idea! Your idea will surely work as well... or maybe.... don´t forget that the other factions also have great stuff to work against your plans Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012 09:20 PM

Ridmasta Offline

I like that witchweed plan, thats a cheeky extra distance on his charge hehe

That helm works well with the reek abilties if i can give him that too?

Still, plenty to build on for larger games... roll on release day1

07-19-2012 09:39 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Sure, when you give the Gorelord the Helm of Despair, he will benefit from Reek. Than you have two models (Pestbringer has it also) that enemy models must test for before performing melee attacks against them! That´s always nice to have because there are certainly some tests that are going to fail and save you some damage! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2012 09:40 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Nice set-up for a starter box battle!

(07-19-2012 08:36 PM)Ridmasta Wrote:  each of those kills is going to get the Mongrels moving up the field at lightning speed
Btw: With the full rules, the Mongrels are already fast and furious as hell. As light infantry, they can perform long charges, meaning their charge movement is 3xMOV+2... Wink

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 09:41 PM by Raoul.)
07-19-2012 09:51 PM

André Offline
Administrator

(07-19-2012 09:40 PM)Raoul Wrote:  Btw: With the full rules, the Mongrels are already fast and furious as hell. As light infantry, they can perform long charges, meaning their charge movement is 3xMOV+2... Wink

Hehe, and guess how freaked out people would get if they would already know about the shamans and their mutation spells! Smile
07-19-2012 10:11 PM

Ridmasta Offline

Sweet, I guess the bleeder is less important for the mongrels, but could still help with the heavier infantry.

I see a lot will change with the full rules, definitely good to get a grounding with the quick-start setup.

I'll post up reports of my games with the warband