Maldire Mongels and Plague
Megalith Games - Official Forums

12-21-2013 10:55 PM

Spellscape Offline

Hi all

Infectious Bite - I can choose Any plague like Bubonic?

Ambidextrous Fighter - in short this ability means I can attack twice for 2 action points? What's the point of making same attack cost 2 and 3 action points in statistics if I will get next free?

Also how can I Host Plague for example from Pestbringer (Plague Infector? Do I need any checks for it or spend action points ?
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 11:03 PM by Spellscape.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013 12:22 AM
RE: Maldire Mongels and Plague

Fenris Offline

Hi Spellscape,

Infectious Bite let you transfer the plaque, that the Mongrels host in that moment. That means, they must have been infected before.

Ambidextrous Fighter is only applied to the 3 ACT attack (the one marked with *). This is the reason, why there are two profils. If you Pay only 2 ACT, you are only allowed to perform 1 attack.

Plaque Infector is a Special Talent. You don't have to make a test. As soon as the requirements are met, you can use the talent.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
12-22-2013 01:30 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Here is a basic overview how plagues work.

Some models (like Pestbringer) can buy plagues. These are items he must buy before the game.

With his talent Plague Infector, he can give the plague to models that have Plague Host ability. They then carry the plague but do not suffer from it.

Those models also have the Infectious Bite ability which allows them to give the plague to enemies when they attack them (with a success attack roll).

Then the enemy must make an Affliction Test on 5+ to avoid suffering the plague. If they pass the test, then the plague has no effect. If the test is failed, then the plague effect applies to the model attacked.

If the model was affected by the plague, he can make an Expiry Test to get rid of the plague immediately when the model/unit activates. If the test is failed, then the affected model/s continue to suffer the plague.
01-26-2014 01:11 AM

Mnil Offline

Can U explain how that effect works with Black Plague?
If Expiry Test fails the unit will be again knocked down. (it seems to be useless when the unit is still knocked down "earning" the plague before). How it works then?

[Image: polanduserbar.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 01:12 AM by Mnil.)
01-26-2014 01:27 AM

ArcusCalka Offline

Yep - when at start of the activation you fail an expiry test you are knocked down again - even if you are already knocked down. Then you can stand up normally and continue your activation.

[Image: poland-userbar.png]
01-26-2014 01:57 AM

Mnil Offline

so, it is useless generally Sad

01-26-2014 02:27 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Well when you knock down an enemy, they cannot use any tactics, and they suffer -2 DEF. Plus of course the enemy must waste 1 ACT to stand up.

So imagine you knock down a Mortan Legionnaire in Testudo.
He loses 2 DEF for being knocked down, and he loses the benefit of Testudo, so he loses the +2 DEf and +2 ARM benefit. So in this case you have gained an advantage of +4 to hit and +2 damage.

Then when he stands up, he can only make one attack instead of two because he wasted one ACT.

That's a pretty amazing collection of benefits resulting from one tactic.
01-26-2014 02:52 AM

Mnil Offline

Yes, i don't say that -knock down- is useless, but continuous effect of that is a little bit weak, because:
- after Legionaires act MM charge and hit Legionnaire, than he gets Black Plague and is knocked down, ok - if he had testudo he loses it, or for next stike (if it avaiable) it is easier do hit him, ofc, but the point is:
- Next turn, Legionaire lie on the ground, he takes expiry test and rolls 2, so it knocks down when is knocked down, and than uses act for stand... (in my opinion, in that case, the black plague expiry test should be passed after that model stands up) - in other case it has no sense...
To conclude - IMO, there should be extra point stands that unit/character takes its expiry test after it forms in required formation - to keep it real...

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 02:57 AM by Mnil.)
01-26-2014 03:28 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Okay so if the Legionnaire is sufferring Black Plague, and he Fails his expiry test, then he pays an ACT to stand up.

There you already gained another benefit from the wasted ACT.

Additionally, at the beginning of the next round, he must pass another expiry test or he is knocked down again, suffering the -2 DEF and wasting another ACT to stand up again.

This Plague is especially good for attacking models with high-DEF and models that have deadly tactics like Circular Slash etc.
01-26-2014 03:31 AM

Khazrak Offline

But if the legionaire fails the test, he can be knocked down at the beginning of the next round again and has do waste 1 ACT to stand up again.

I like this plague in combination with the ranged attack of the Pestbringer. Throw the enemy to the ground, then rush in with the Mongrels (who maybe even host another plague) and finish the enemy off. If all goes well, they don't live another turn to make a second expiry test. Smile