350 points Mortan Magistratum
Megalith Games - Official Forums

350 points Mortan Magistratum
11-19-2013 11:44 PM
RE: 350 points Mortan Magistratum

David Offline
Administrator

(11-19-2013 07:06 PM)Khazrak Wrote:  
(11-19-2013 09:57 AM)David Wrote:  If you face Einherjer, then just throw the Legio Mortum at them. then Keep the unit topped up. They will spend turns 3, 4 and 5 killing low-points models.

How could he keep the troops topped up? Even if the Legio Mortum chooses to stay and fight (which is unlikely due to LEAD 4 vs. the Einherjers' "Dreaded" ability), it dies really really fast due to the high MEL and POW.
Except of course, I misunderstood or forget something.

With the spell Raise Legionnaire. It is an absolute MUST for every undead warband in my opinion. I would give it to the Mortixex and just make him raise 3 new Legio mortum per turn. If the Necromagus has it too, they could create 5 new Legio Mortum per round.

With Transmortis, the damage can be transferred from a Legio Mortum to one of the Molochs. So if a trooper suffers 3 damage, then it will automatically be restored to full LPs at the end of the round. If it suffers 4 Points, then I would consider transferring that to a Moloch in order to Keep that Legio Mortum model in Play for another turn. It should be possible to surround 5 Einherjer and Keep them busy for at least 2 turns.

If the Molochs Lifepoints get low, there's also the spell Fleshbind which is a 1-ACT spell that restores D3 lifepoints.

But as Simon mentioned, in the first 2 turns they should be casting Ancestral Rites multiple times to release as many powers as possible. this makes the Legio Mortum into a good fighting unit.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 11:49 PM by David.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013 11:02 AM

Huscarl Offline

About the ability Dreaded: This ability makes it rather hard for my Legio Mortum troops to fight Sad (Maybe I should just charge them with one Moloch, who is supported by Transmortis, and use his enemy tactic and the weapon ability Septic Spit?)
Otherwise, I would need certainly some acid bombs or damage spells like Ashes to Ashes or Decay.

Ancestral Rites is surely vital to my undead troops, thanks for the advice, Simon. Maybe drop Otherworld Breach to get it for the Mortifex and equip instead the Necromagus with Otherworld Breach?
Then I could give the Mortifex instead of Cavrum Syrup the Panacea and downgrade his weapon to a normal Staffblade, to get the points for that.
11-20-2013 12:18 PM

Khazrak Offline

Ok, when we hope, that the Legio Mortum doesn't run away due to Dreaded and want to be the strong elite unit stuck here, I'd advice on more smaller Legio Mortum units to have a higher limit on how many new undead models you can ad (because of the maximum unit size).
11-20-2013 02:24 PM

Huscarl Offline

Regarding the fact, that the dice goddess tends to betray me in the critical moments, I will maybe get instead of one of my Molochs and my two units one unit of Legionnaires plus some Legio Mortum troopers.
I will post an exact list in the evening, when I have my rulebook.
11-20-2013 10:48 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Khazrak - good Point. Better to take Minimum Units of Legio Mortum, then increase them by raising more troops. If you leave out 4 models from a unit of 10, then that's 24 Points saved!
That's enough to buy a Necromagus!
You can have up to 3 of these guys in a warband. You can use 2 spellcaster to create more Legionnaires, while the other NEcromagus and Mortifex concentrate on moving up the ancestral Rites table.

Huscarl - If you drop a Moloch, and want more Legions troops, consider Carnifexors; they are very powerful both offensively and defensively.
11-21-2013 09:49 PM

Huscarl Offline

Sorry for the late answer, but anyway, here the new list:
1x Mortifex with Cavrum Syrup, Staffblade, Ancestral Rites, Transmortis, Fleshbind and Otherworld Breach ... 61 P.
1x Necromagus with Fleshbind and Raise Legionnaire ... 31 P.
1x 4 Praetorian Carnifexers ... 92 P.
1x 10 Legio Mortum ... 62 P.
2x Moloch ... 104 P.

I followed Davids advice and took the Praetorians to replace one Moloch because of their serious output and reliability.
I will further finetune this list, when my mortans have gathered and fazed their enemies (but since my mortan forces are at the moment only few in numbers, it will take some time).
Thank you all for your advices!
11-21-2013 10:20 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Nice list; quite versitile, but my favorite is still your 3-Molochs list! :-)
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 10:21 PM by David.)
11-22-2013 01:20 PM

Huscarl Offline

I will give both lists a try (as soon as I have my Mortifex and my Legio Mortum ready).