What made you decide what faction to choose?
Megalith Games - Official Forums

What made you decide what faction to choose?
04-25-2014 12:34 AM
RE: What made you decide what faction to choose?

David Offline
Administrator

(04-24-2014 02:32 PM)Keeper Nilbog Wrote:  The idea of a hoard of barbarian warriors rushing across the table (why aren't tribemen light infantry?), or is there a surprise coming), and then eating the enemy is great.

All Banebrood Units are potentially Light-Infantry - this is because they have the Spell Long Legs. The upgrade effect of that spell is makes the unit light infantry. Making them naturally Light Infantry would have required a small point increase, and our concept with these guys was to make them as cheap as possible.

In terms of fluff, we generally give Light Infantry to really fast and agile things like Bladelsingers and Mongrels. Reaver Tribesmen we concieved as more muscular and fast but not particularly agile.

And finally, it would have been too repetitive to make both Banebrood basic units Light Infantry.

But going back to Long Legs, all you need to do is include a Fallow Shaman in your warband, and he will generally be able to cast this spell on a 5+ on Tribemen because of Mutable or with Spirit Drinker ability he can cast on a 4+. For the upgrade, he Needs a 7+ against Tribesmen or 6+ with Spirit Drinker.

In this way you can make them MOV4 and Light Infantry so they can move 20 inches per round. And of course they count forest as normal Terrain. Plus you can give them Advanced Deployment with the Bloodgut Ravager. So potentially they could reach the 38 Inch line by the end of round-1. So your idea of rushing across the table is definitely realistic :-)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014 05:59 PM

MortanSoundwave Offline

So far I enjoy most of the factions probly the wyldfolk being my least interest. Nordgaard: I love the background and the viking dwarf mix
Mortans: I love the civilizing power of rome
Halodynes: The models are just awesome and have a harryhousen clash of the titans look to them. With a mix of 300.
Trogs: I love armies made of monsters
Banebrood are the two things I always like in chaos marauders and beastmen so yeah.

"I do not know what drugs the writers of the fluff were on while they were reading Robert E Howard books but they should share"-me when telling friends about the fluff of godslayer
05-14-2014 06:02 PM

NotAnotherBloodyGnollHorde Offline

I am not sure which faction to get, I am figuratively torn between Wyldfolk and Banebrood. I like the Banebrood minis much better, they are incredibly diverse and creative. The Wyldfolk fluff speaks to me more, though, especially the Tuathan subfaction - but maybe I can scrape enough money together for the wycca warriors and lord of decay once they are out. Shouldn't be long now, with the first Tuathan model just released. I am completely new to tabletop gaming, and have no "playing style", yet, so whichever faction I eventually choose, I hope I will make the most of them while learning...I guess there is no faction that is most suitable for new players.
05-15-2014 01:12 AM

artdieart Offline

i could not chose because i liked them all so i get all armys Tongue bannerbrood beastspam (with a cyclops when it comes out), halodynes temple faction, mortans legionaires with the war machines, nordgard guild subfaction with a gaint, troglodytes trolloth + shadowtrolls and wyldfolk a mix of everything.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 01:13 AM by artdieart.)
05-15-2014 01:20 AM

David Offline
Administrator

(05-14-2014 06:02 PM)NotAnotherBloodyGnollHorde Wrote:  I am not sure which faction to get, I am figuratively torn between Wyldfolk and Banebrood. I like the Banebrood minis much better, they are incredibly diverse and creative. The Wyldfolk fluff speaks to me more, though, especially the Tuathan subfaction - but maybe I can scrape enough money together for the wycca warriors and lord of decay once they are out. Shouldn't be long now, with the first Tuathan model just released. I am completely new to tabletop gaming, and have no "playing style", yet, so whichever faction I eventually choose, I hope I will make the most of them while learning...I guess there is no faction that is most suitable for new players.

The Tuathan are still a few months away, so I would go with the Banebrood for now, then start a Wyldfolk warband later.
05-15-2014 10:54 AM

crimsontree Offline

I went for Banebrood for 2 reasons.

1. I play Empire in Warhammer Fantasy Battle & wanted to try a non-human warband in Godslayer.

2. My local gaming store doesn't have many Banebrood yet but I have quite a few Citadel Beastmen & Heroquest miniatures that I can use in the meantime to create a quick warband using the rulebook.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014 03:47 PM

udunsflame Offline

I like all the factions, they all have something special why you would like that faction.

But the cyclops did convince me of the Banebrood! Playing with a cyclops and a lot of tribesmen just looks awesome!

Even choosing a second faction is very difficult...

Club: The Green Knight
udunsminis
"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it"- Flint Fireforge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014 04:28 PM

Silver_skates Offline

Similarly to some, I picked Halodynes because of 300. The idea of my hoplites standing shoulder to shoulder with my Demarchon fighting off the enemy is an appealing one. The hill ogres sealed the deal for me. I'll probably end up owning the entire Halodyne range.

I'm going to start a Gnoll force to get some use out of my LOTR Moria Goblins who haven't seen light since that game died a painful death. Slowly, I'll replace them with the proper minis because they look great. The Hammerfist is a nice bonus.

Once I'm happy with those armies, I'll probably roll a dice because there are thing I like about all the other subfactions.
05-28-2014 10:12 PM

blackbeard Offline

Trolls all the way they dont seem too common down the club i am looking at. Plus the fact that they were the only faction my local shop had in stock all the others had sold out
07-11-2014 05:31 AM

Maximus XIII Offline

Guess i'll be the odd ball Tongue I was doubting between two very different vactions before i started. Wyldfolk of Annyr(fianor) and Troglodytes(gnolls).
In the end i chose for the gnolls, and i mean why wouldn't you! They are sneaky small scurrying bastards that try to kill you by jamming tons of pointy sticks in you! After which they run away, probably cause the dying cries of their enemies scare them to death.

Plus you can't always trust your enemy to kill stuff. Sometimes you have to rush a horde of weaklings into something so he can at least kill some of yours before dying.

Quote:He who stays on the defensive does not make war, he endures it

Club the green knight