What made you decide what faction to choose?
Megalith Games - Official Forums

What made you decide what faction to choose?
11-06-2013 04:56 PM
RE: What made you decide what faction to choose?

Huscarl Offline

I choose my factions first and foremost because of their background.

So, I came to the Wyldfolk. Like David, I find the Tuathan very cool, with their quest to resurrect Dhannya; but the Fiannor and the Tribal nations are also very interesting.
The design of the Wyldfolk is also very appealing to me (especially with the release of the Fiannor models).

As second faction, I took the mortans. The entire fluff of the Godeater Lichelords is awesome and the mixture of normal legionnaires, mighty war-machines and undead troops is great.
Design and gameplay is also entirely different to my Wyldfolk, so it is a welcome change Smile

The Amazons and the temple cults of the Halodynes are also very interesting for me, since I love the entire greek mythology ...
Maybe I will get some Halodyne troops, just to paint them or for a little diorama with my Mortans ... Smile
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013 05:16 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

I admit that I'm thoroughly biased... Smile
But apart from my darlings, the Trogs and Mortans which I collect in their eintirety, I also have a Fiannor warband (Annyr were my standard fighting force in the days of yore) and I am planning a Amazon warband (a sanctum priestess was already converted into an amazon priestess). A small band of Reavers is waiting for paint, and the Skannfyrd might join them at some point. Oh my Big Grin

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 05:16 PM by Raoul.)
11-08-2013 09:24 PM

David Offline
Administrator

(11-05-2013 07:47 PM)spy Wrote:  I am planning to max out a Mortan Legionnaire Army so I may "re-enact" the battle at the beginning of the Gladiator Movie.
Some Mortan Cavalry would be nice... ;-)

I guess youre gonna need a friend with a maxed-out Banebrood Reaver warband too for the enemy :-)

That would be a hell of a battle. I guess 850+ Points on either side?
Remember, above 500 Points you get to take +1 DPL for all models & Units, so 5 Units of Legionnaires, 3 scorpios, 3 catapults.....50 Reaver Tribesmen and 12 Skulleaters.....
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 09:32 PM by David.)
11-09-2013 02:12 PM

Khazrak Offline

Then some hunting dogs would be cool! Smile
11-12-2013 05:55 PM

CplHicks Offline

I simply needed an excuse to use the plastic historical Hoplites I had an eye on for quite some time. ^^ And suddenly I bought a lot of the other stuff, too. My Hill Ogres are so pretty!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013 10:00 AM

Fenris Offline

First of all, I take a look at the miniatures. For me the process of painting is as important as playing the game. This was what Drew my attention to the Halodynes. And luckily the Fluff and the way they play also suite my preferences.

My second faction was more about the Fluff. The Wyldfolk have an awesome background and the models are beautiful too. So, another no-brainer.

The Problem seems to be, that all the other factions also look very tempting. I hope I can resist. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
11-17-2013 06:23 PM

Ridmasta Offline

Banebrood all the way!

I love the fluff and the Gorelord mini sealed the deal haha

I tend to pick armies that are proper face smashy like these, farrow in warmachine and Drunes in confrontation and darklands. Painting up "chaotic" models is also very easy and suits my style.

A godslayer display game like 300 or teutaberg forest would be awesome, finding someone who has enough mortans or halodynes is all I'd require :-D

My Blog: http://fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.co.uk/

Miniature Painting Service and Hobby Site
04-24-2014 12:14 PM

Riddgaard Offline

I started with buying the Nordgaard but before I had chance to use them I played with a friends Trogs in a starter game and loved the models and the melee focus. Definitely have an historical affinity with the Mortans (or should that be t'Romans? Smile ) so they are next on the shopping list.

I'd say the only good Mortan is a dead Mortan but they're probably the worst kind! Pendragon Hywel ap Morgan before the battle of the Silver Forest...
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 03:27 PM by Riddgaard.)
04-24-2014 01:13 PM

Zeria Offline

Honestly I couldn't decide which faction, thats why when i first bought any figures i bought Mortans, Banebrood and Nordgaard, then now I have added Trogs and Halodynes. After all this time playing with them I still haven't decided which is my favourite which just goes to show how well balanced in rules, miniature quality and most importantly Fluff wise the factions and sub factions are.

"So you want to save Prince Albert and decide the fate of hong kong, by playing a game of cricket agaisnt Fu-man-chu?....hand me another beer and i will see what i can do"
04-24-2014 02:32 PM

Keeper Nilbog Offline

Started by picking up a couple of individual mini's, then managed to get hold of the (full) rules and have a skim whilst at my local games group one evening - whilst watching a game :-)

Result - brought full rules and am working toward a full Reaver Based Banebrood force (the Beastbrood remind me of Broo from Runequest - well, oversized, over muscled broo, so I will eventually go down that road). The idea of a hoard of barbarian warriors rushing across the table (why aren't tribemen light infantry ?, or is there a surprise coming), and then eating the enemy is great.

Will also build up several other factions (slowly, buy a figure/set, paint and then repeat). All factions I look at are down to background (after the Reavers - love the models), and generally it's a sub-faction that grabs my interest (Mortifex based Mortan's, Shadow Trolls, extra).