Wyldfolk Ideas.
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Wyldfolk Ideas.
04-12-2014 10:41 PM
RE: Wyldfolk Ideas.

David Offline
Administrator

Highland Ogres will ideed have Tartan Kilts! Hell yes!

Initial sketches have the Ogres wearing brigandine armor on their torso, while around their legs they wear a great-kilt, which comes up over the left shoulder and goes over the back.

hmmm....that reminds me of something... :-)
[Image: Braveheart_imp.jpg]
Then they have lower leg leather straps like the Beasthunter. And of course they wield a sword like a claymore.

Naturally they will have wild beards and hair with fierce grimaces and perhaps fur cloaks.

Highlander

The Wyldfolk are very much a bronze-age culture, but Calydorn bronze is not made of earth tin and brass - Calydorn Bronze is a bit more rigid, so bronze 2-handed swords are a reality in Godslayer.

-------------

Regarding Banebrood, the Reavers are loosely based on ancient Germanic tribes. If you read the background chapter you should be able to get some of that flavor. That's not at all an Insult to Germans, Megalith is an Anglo-German company, so we can have some fun with that :-)
And German barbarians are cool! Everyone loves the iconic Germanic Barbarian bravely fighting hordes of Roman Legionnaires!

There is some archaeological evidence for ancient Germanic tribes cooking enemies in a tribal cook-pot, so that was part of the Inspiration which we extrapolated to make the Reavers cannibal, just as we extrapolated Roman ancestor worship into necromancy.

Anyway, Reavres are spread wide across Calydorn and have varying cultures. In fact we have ideas for Sea-Peoples Reaver pirates for a possible future release like the Lukka, sherden and Peleset tribes who terrorized the Mediterranean around 1000 - 1500 BC.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 11:03 PM by David.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014 01:16 PM

NotAnotherBloodyGnollHorde Offline

(04-12-2014 10:41 PM)David Wrote:  hmmm....that reminds me of something... :-)
[Image: Braveheart_imp.jpg]

any similarities to badasses living or dead are purely intentional...
----

Anyway, Reavres are spread wide across Calydorn and have varying cultures. In fact we have ideas for Sea-Peoples Reaver pirates for a possible future release like the Lukka, sherden and Peleset tribes who terrorized the Mediterranean around 1000 - 1500 BC.

Aww, yisss, Sea People! Fascinating, I am looking forward to those!
04-13-2014 03:48 PM

Huscarl Offline

That sounds great, thanks for sharing, David! Smile
The Highlander Ogres are definitely a must have for me.

And Reaver pirates would be awesome!
04-13-2014 04:41 PM

MortanSoundwave Offline

Sea people + Sea Men = Seaciety

I kinda hope one of the the ogres looks like the old man with the hammer that when he gets the arrow in him it takes like 6 scots to hold him down.
Also his son the big redhead guy who was Mel Gibson's best friend in that movie.

"I do not know what drugs the writers of the fluff were on while they were reading Robert E Howard books but they should share"-me when telling friends about the fluff of godslayer
04-13-2014 05:33 PM

NotAnotherBloodyGnollHorde Offline

(04-13-2014 04:41 PM)MortanSoundwave Wrote:  Sea people + Sea Men = Seaciety

Stop giving them ideas, they might come up with an Atlantean faction that would be impossible to fight!
04-13-2014 06:27 PM

MortanSoundwave Offline

it is actually a south park quote...I'm american so yes I love my childish satire of topical issues.

"I do not know what drugs the writers of the fluff were on while they were reading Robert E Howard books but they should share"-me when telling friends about the fluff of godslayer
04-13-2014 09:21 PM

James Harrison Offline

Wow, this is going to be awesome! The ogres sound pretty ace. I've been so impressed with how the art and models meet, ant the description of the art is really inspiring! the models can't be that far off.

And Banebrood as German barbarians (among others) works excellently; so We can cover from greece & Rome up through to Scandinavia, with Britan on the side. Placing the Trolloth is a tad more difficult; but I haven't read the fluff book yet - that would give me more inspiration (and it comes tommrow! Huzzah)...

I could keep it more mainland, making wild-folk the Galls of France, and having the trolls as the grim darkness from the forests, underbridges and beneath the earth... Turkish trolls doesn't seem quite right somehow. Anyway stuff to think on for a cool campaign!
04-13-2014 10:15 PM

MortanSoundwave Offline

the trolloth themselves feel a bit sumerian the gnolls seem mongolian.

04-14-2014 01:02 AM

James Harrison Offline

I can see that now you say it, especially the Hungarian bent of the Gnoll models (I don't know much about Samaria). I think I should look into making an old map or northern Europe and putting people on it!

So how long till this next book (with campaign rules/ideas?) and the Braveheart ogres? (Don't worry about answering that, it will come when it comes... there is still a lot to see (and buy and paint) as is!)
11-02-2014 09:37 PM

Felanor Druindar Offline

In addition to Dryads and Treeman-like creatures, I'd like to see some wild monsters. I was thinking about some giant crows for the Tuathan, they are often associated with decomposing things.