Halodynes Ideas
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Halodynes Ideas
10-02-2013 07:20 PM
Halodynes Ideas

Bango1978 Offline

Hi!

Here some ideas:

A Character-Warlord Kratos style, a bloody warmachine on the battlefield.

An Hydra monster with the possibility of regeneration, Terror.

A Gorgon Characte with the possibility of decrease action tokens with her gaze.

Could be interesting???
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013 07:37 PM
RE: Halodynes Ideas

Khazrak Offline

I'd say, the Godquest is already quite a good killing machine and also has the tactic "Gorgon's gaze". Wink

I'm not sure about the Hydra, though - reminds me unfortunately too much of the WHFB-Hydra, although you could argument that there are not many possibilities to create a hydra. Wink

However, I like the general idea of using the ancient monsters of the 12 labours of Heracles, which partially already came to pass with the Cerberus. Other ideas could be the Stymphalian Birds - maybe some kind of swarm monster: very fast and high attack rate, with very low DEF/ARM but a lot of life points.
10-03-2013 12:59 AM

Bango1978 Offline

You have right!!! BUT

I'd like to have a Gorgon-like miniatures, with serpentine body, bow+poison and his putrid gaze!!!

I't not only a "ruling" form of new ideas but first of all is a miniature game and I take the game for his miniature.

I think you have choose your faction for its appeal not ruling, you have choose this Game for its ruling.
10-03-2013 10:27 AM

Khazrak Offline

Often the appearance and the rules of a miniature go hands in hands. That's why my primary factions are Banebrood for their lightfootedness and brutal violence and the Nordgaard for their steadfastness and their ability to answer every situation with a high amount of punishment. Wink
10-03-2013 05:58 PM

Bango1978 Offline

What about a chimera monster? Could be interesting and with a lot of possibilities to be developped in a good model!
10-05-2013 11:53 AM

Till Offline

The more evil monsters, devinitly the Gorgon because that one is already mentioned in the background text, would be more the Stygian faction than the Halodyne one.

Don't know if a hydra is also already too much of an abyssal monster and not an enlighted monster like the cerberos.

I really hope the Stygian faction will be included in near future.
10-06-2013 10:38 PM

tmastgrave Offline

I like these ideas! I would love to see Scylla and Charybdis along with Gorgons, Harpies, and some version of Echidna. I'd also love the see some of the ANE monsters like the Lilitu, Lahmia, or even the Nas-nas in a future faction. I agree that a lot of the evil Greek monsters wouldn't really fit in the Halodyne faction. I think they could be split between the Trogs, a future faction that worships the gods of darkness, and the Banebrood. I'd love to see a future desert faction using ANE and Arabian monsters.

Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself. - Kahlil Gibran
If you have a moment consider checking out http://tobiasmastgrave.wordpress.com/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AZZZ9G
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013 10:02 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Thanks for the ideas.

Yes we already had demands for a "Kratos-inspired" mini from the Italian Godslayer community, and we will try to find a solution to incude that in Wave-2.

Regarding Gorgons and Hydra - These indeed belong to the Stygian faction in the Godslayer Background. Stygians are the followers of Darkness, which is the newest element in the cosmos, which came into being when Shadow ate the Red Sun (setting in Motion a cataclysm which created the Stygian Gods).

Stygians are absolutely at the very top of the list when it comes to new factions we would love to release. We have at least 6 new factions planned (with several further possibilities) but in order to realize them we need to expand Godslayer's market position. That's because our priority for the next years must remain supporting the existing 6 factions. With more resources, we can also add more factions, and that is definitely what we plan to do! Hell yes!

Regarding a Chimera - Yes definitely (probably for Banebrood)

Harpies - planned for Banebrood Wave-3 when we will introduce Flyers for all factions.

Echidna - definitely planned for Stygians faction.

Desert faction with Arabian Monsters - Yes definitely planned as one of the next 6 factions, and also very high on the list. (See Nimburia in the Background book).

Scyla and Charybdis - possibly creatures for Stygians.

Its really cool to hear your suggestions, it helps steer our plans for the future.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 10:04 PM by David.)
10-13-2013 09:34 PM

Fenris Offline

(10-09-2013 10:02 PM)David Wrote:  Desert faction with Arabian Monsters - Yes definitely planned as one of the next 6 factions, and also very high on the list. (See Nimburia in the Background book).
Whoooooo, sounds like this will be my third faction. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
10-24-2013 11:29 AM

Aisriyth Offline

(10-09-2013 10:02 PM)David Wrote:  Thanks for the ideas.

Yes we already had demands for a "Kratos-inspired" mini from the Italian Godslayer community, and we will try to find a solution to incude that in Wave-2.

Regarding Gorgons and Hydra - These indeed belong to the Stygian faction in the Godslayer Background. Stygians are the followers of Darkness, which is the newest element in the cosmos, which came into being when Shadow ate the Red Sun (setting in Motion a cataclysm which created the Stygian Gods).

Stygians are absolutely at the very top of the list when it comes to new factions we would love to release. We have at least 6 new factions planned (with several further possibilities) but in order to realize them we need to expand Godslayer's market position. That's because our priority for the next years must remain supporting the existing 6 factions. With more resources, we can also add more factions, and that is definitely what we plan to do! Hell yes!

Regarding a Chimera - Yes definitely (probably for Banebrood)

Harpies - planned for Banebrood Wave-3 when we will introduce Flyers for all factions.

Echidna - definitely planned for Stygians faction.

Desert faction with Arabian Monsters - Yes definitely planned as one of the next 6 factions, and also very high on the list. (See Nimburia in the Background book).

Scyla and Charybdis - possibly creatures for Stygians.

Its really cool to hear your suggestions, it helps steer our plans for the future.

The notion of 6 more factions is incredibly appealing! Not even just that but advancement of the first 6 is awesome too.