Diary of a Dauntless Dwarf
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Diary of a Dauntless Dwarf
10-28-2013 05:26 PM
RE: Diary of a Dauntless Dwarf

HowNotToWargame Offline

I thought all single models could slay, but couldn't find the way rules yesterday. Thanks for the clarification.

We were playing it:-

1) first attack of two which kills
2) slay movement and attack.
3) second attack of two which kills
4) slay movement and attack.

Hence 4 dead dwarfs. So does that 2nd attack have to hit the same model, so is wasted if they die first off?

@hownottowargame
If you live in london, come and join us at Tanelorn - http://www.tanelornwgc.org
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 05:28 PM by HowNotToWargame.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013 05:59 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Khazrak is right, the second attack of ambidextrous attacks is always targeted at the same model as the first attack. It's even considered one attack action.

All individual models can make slay movement as per RB p. 65.

However, without any special rules, every charge action resulting in a kill allows only one slay movement (and thus one additional attack of the same kind as the charge attack (even if ambidextrous)).

In your example, the Chieftain would:

1) charge, making his first attack (of two granted by ambidextrous attack); this kills the first target (second attack granted by ambidextrous attack not possible)
2) slay movement (making another ambidextrous attack); if this kills the second target or not, the charge action and slay movement are done afterwards
3) may spend further ACT normally

Hope this is somewhat clearer now. Smile

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
10-28-2013 08:49 PM

HowNotToWargame Offline

Cheers - at least that clears it up for next time!

@hownottowargame
If you live in london, come and join us at Tanelorn - http://www.tanelornwgc.org
11-01-2013 11:22 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Thanks for all your posts.

It is really interesting and helpful for us in the development of future Godslayer models and rules to watch your process of learning the game (and especially to see the rules that were not fully understood first time).

It sounds like you have a good solid understanding of the rules now, as well as the Nordgaard starter-box minis. Now the fun really begins!

Please continue to post as you play more games and add more miniatures.

As you saw from the games so far, each opposing faction is a completely different challenge :-)

Thanks again,
David
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 11:23 AM by David.)
01-05-2014 02:04 PM

HowNotToWargame Offline

Hi all,

Unfortunately I've been busy over the past few months ( but I got promoted at work.… hurrah!) So I've only been able to get a few games in. Loved them all, but I do have to say I am finding the scenario's a bit hit and miss.

Main example which comes to mind is when I played vortex at 200pts. Its a great scenario but I felt I could sit and camp to easily and just move my troops out and keep my characters in to win. However, I think once you get more on the board (300+?), then it will make for great line of control tussles.

Again with hill control. Once all factions have easy ways of getting several height 2\3 units or characters on the table, this will be great, but at the moment it does seem to really play to Troglodytes or other medium based units. This may be because we read that you score the height of each model on the hill, but we may have read it wrong.

Still going to be busy until march ish, bit hopefully I can get a few more games in

@hownottowargame
01-14-2014 01:06 PM

Roosta Offline

Quote:2) slay movement (making another ambidextrous attack); if this kills the second target or not, the charge action and slay movement are done afterwards

but you keep the charge bonus until the activation of the model is finished, right?

that you can only target one model with ambidextrous attack is new to me, too. thanks to clear that out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2014 03:01 PM

spy Offline

(01-05-2014 02:04 PM)HowNotToWargame Wrote:  Again with hill control. Once all factions have easy ways of getting several height 2\3 units or characters on the table, this will be great, but at the moment it does seem to really play to Troglodytes or other medium based units. This may be because we read that you score the height of each model on the hill, but we may have read it wrong.
True.
We will play a tournament here in Linz on 15th February and decided to change the rules(because of the Trogs):
The player that has a model standing exactly in the center point of the hill gets the points (from 2nd round onward). The other player gets nothing.
This was the only way so far to get a fair balancing.
01-16-2014 10:46 PM

HowNotToWargame Offline

That's a good way around it actually for now. Thanks for the tip I'm blatently going to steal. Wink

Managed another game against bane brood last sunday, and properly got hit out of the ball park. I knew I had exausted my dice luck when my first lot of 2d6's were 12, 11, 12....

I found it the first time I had lost and really wished I hadn't plaid clan. Even though I had lead 9 scattered about most places, having to do multiple roles of 8 with the debuff and multiple horror, stench and other checks, meant my army was paralysed with fleeing. Makes Einherder even more tempting then they were....…

@hownottowargame
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 10:54 PM by HowNotToWargame.)
03-27-2014 11:40 PM

HowNotToWargame Offline

Hi everyone,

Again, been more busy then I probably should have been (doing some amateur drama mainly), but I think now I have an extended period back in the saddle, helped by the fact I finally managed to get some einherjer, rune gate keeper and valkeryie today. Spent most of the week re-reading the rules, and picking up some of nuiances which felt good.

I think I love the warsmith a bit too much but at the very least I may use Mr keeper as a proxy for a 2nd unit of einherdjer on occasions. Saying that, I've also got some proxy tough borns ready as well, so have quite a temptation to do a super elite crew anyway of just about 11 models at 300 points.

Playing a battle box game to start with, hoping for a 300 point or even a 499 afterwards so will let you all know how I get on later.

@hownottowargame
05-11-2014 08:35 PM

HowNotToWargame Offline

Hiya all,

Managed to get a game in today, got smashed (mainly my bad use of terrain) but it was the first time with the rune gate keeper in the lead. He is great, but you really want to be getting his buffs off, which feels weird as he hits so hard and is so tough. Still looking to use him as second einherjer leader mainly!

@hownottowargame
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 08:37 PM by HowNotToWargame.)