Fumble and Rolling Doom
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Fumble and Rolling Doom
09-12-2013 12:24 PM
Fumble and Rolling Doom

nepalese_ninja Offline

So hi first off - new godslayer gamer here.

I wondered if you are able to perform a Rolling Doom after fumbling a charge attack?

I believe not as you have to perform melee attacks but would be grateful for clarification.

Thanks.

Conrad

Resistance is Futile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013 05:39 PM
RE: Fumble and Rolling Doom

PraetorDragoon Offline

Rolling Doom has nothing to do with charge attacks or anything. It is a self tactic, so you can do it after the charge. But not before as you can't charge after moving.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013 06:18 PM

Khazrak Offline

I guess, he means the problem, that normally, after a fumble, you are not allowed to make further attacks and the tactic description of Rolling Dooms tells you to make a melee attack against crossed targets.

I am not 100% sure about this problem, but I would say, that Rolling Doom provides not ordinary attacks but special ones, but that could only be a lame excuse from a Banebrood player. Wink
09-12-2013 06:41 PM

nepalese_ninja Offline

Khazrak has the crux of my query exactly right. Its to do with the fumble and then performing the Rolling Doom after fumbling an attack.

Resistance is Futile
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 05:36 PM by nepalese_ninja.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013 06:47 PM

Zyrados Offline

Did you mean, you roll a double 1 on the attack roll or you dosent reach your enemy at the charge?

Meister der vielen Fragen, die sicher irgendwo im Regelbuch beantwortet sind. Deutsche Version komm schnell ^^
09-16-2013 07:29 PM

Khazrak Offline

(09-16-2013 06:47 PM)Zyrados Wrote:  Did you mean, you roll a double 1 on the attack roll or you dosent reach your enemy at the charge?

He meant rolling a double 1 on the attack roll and so ruleswise not being allowed to make further attacks during this activation.
09-17-2013 11:15 AM

Fenris Offline

I'm not 100% sure, but a fumble prevents you from making any further attacks. That means, that after for example a fumbled magic attack, you aren't allowed to make further magic, melee or missile attacks. Imho this includes attacks which are based on tactics.
So my answer would be "No, you are not allowed to use Rolling Doom after a fumbled attack."

But maybe André will correct me. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
09-17-2013 11:27 AM

Khazrak Offline

I also fear, RAW Fenris is right, although this would mean a bigger loss for a fumble than normally for other models after fumbling.

However, you can still flee with Rolling Doom as long as you don't have to make any attacks.^^
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 11:27 AM by Khazrak.)
09-17-2013 11:42 AM

Fenris Offline

It is equal to other tactics. Also the Warsmith with his chasm cracker tactic and the Amazon Hunters with their Quick Shot tactic would suffer from this reading. But I think it's the best way to deal with this situation.

Let's wait for something official. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
09-17-2013 12:35 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Hey guys,

Fenris is absolutely right with his interpretation.

After a fumble you are not allowed to make any further attacks (during the given round) and the text for rolling doom says: "... make one POW 2 melee attack..."

Same for other tactics like quick shot etc.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"