Music
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Music
06-08-2013 11:21 PM
Music

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

As the title strongly suggests, this is a thread about music. Smile

Here you can talk about anything related to music and share the songs you are listening to at the moment.

My musical tastes are rather widely varied, ranging from authentic medieval organ music over diverse kinds of Folk, Rockabilly, Punkrock, Hardcore and Metal to Nintendo-driven Electro-Screamo and beyond... Smile

Currently painting and basing GodSlayer miniatures while listening to one of the oldest surviving songs with preserved notation and lyrics:
Song of Seikilos

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013 08:20 PM
RE: Music

Fenris Offline

While painting I'm mostly watching TV. Sometimes I like to listen to wargaming related podcasts (I'm missing one for Godslayer Wink ).

While gaming I like to listen to some rockabilly or blues.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
06-15-2013 08:50 PM

David Offline
Administrator

While I was writing the background, I found it useful to listen to music to get in the zone. Mostly it was the German medieval-pagan band Faun. Sometimes Delerium or Conjure One, Ayreon, Dimmu Borgir or Opeth (depending on the faction I was working on).

Andre listens to a lot of Black Metal and Turbonegro, but he can tell us more himself.....
06-18-2013 09:23 AM

Fenris Offline

(06-15-2013 08:50 PM)David Wrote:  While I was writing the background, I found it useful to listen to music to get in the zone. Mostly it was the German medieval-pagan band Faun. Sometimes Delerium or Conjure One, Ayreon, Dimmu Borgir or Opeth (depending on the faction I was working on).

Andre listens to a lot of Black Metal and Turbonegro, but he can tell us more himself.....

Regarding your taste of music, I couldn't concentrate on writing, while listening to such music. With that in mind, kudos for writing such an awesome background. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
07-13-2013 12:02 PM

UpGraydd Offline

I usually listen to Yngwie Malmstein while painting figures for SAGA, I'm sure his music will be even more inspirational for Godslayer!
12-02-2013 09:37 PM

Grauenacht Offline

I like to listen to black metal, Dimmu Borgir of course, Endstille, Nagelfar, Dornenreich etc...but I also listen to softer music when I am in the mood, like: Alcest, L'Arc en Ciel, The Gazette, Luna Sea, Vintersorg, Wallachia.

@David, I go to a concert of Alcest in Januari and Faun is one of the support acts, I didn't hear from them so just recently I listen to them on youtube and they rock.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013 10:47 PM

Ridmasta Offline

To get my painting mojo on I stick on panthera, imagine dragons or metalica, anything with a decent tune to it.

The horus heresy cd's from gw are pretty good too

My Blog: http://fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.co.uk/

Miniature Painting Service and Hobby Site
12-03-2013 04:07 PM

Ibanezmark Offline

Dream Theater, Seventh Wonder, Symphony X, Metallica, Ayreon, Circus Maximus, Eumeria....
Anything prog metal actually
03-11-2016 06:04 PM

Alexander Offline

When we play Godslayer or boardgames we usually listen to old atmospheric horror movie soundtracks, such as those from films by Dario Argento, Joe d'Amato, Lucio Fulci aswell as John Carpenter, Stuart Gordon or Terence Fisher.
As one of my best friends and gaming mates is maybe the biggest Oasis-maniac in Germany, we also listen to Oasis pretty much.

When i paint alone or together with other people, we usually watch 90s tv series such as Hercules, Xena, X-Files or Stargate SG-1, as we all know each episode, don't need to look at the tv, and can enjoy it as a kind of audiobook. Big Grin

Generally my favorite musicans/bands (who are no soundtrack artists) change from time to time, but some of my all time favorites are classics like Roky Erickson, Dead Moon, CCR, Misfits and from newer times The Black Angels and the awesome Ghoultown.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 06:06 PM by Alexander.)
03-12-2016 10:31 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

CCR and the Misfits have a firm stay in my playlists as well. Smile

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty