Fadeshift Movement
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Fadeshift Movement
04-16-2013 04:08 PM
Fadeshift Movement

PraetorDragoon Offline

I have questions about fadeshift, about what it can do and what it can't do.

Fadeshift "Once per round, at any time during his standard activation, the Obsidian Nightmare may immediately move once his movement value in inches for free."

Does this mean I can make a single movement action for free once during my activation, or may I even move during actions (such as a charge, spellcasting or attacks)

Also, is it still possible to charge after you make a fadeshift move. (I guess not, as fadeshift is classed as move, and thus may not charge after movement)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013 04:52 PM
RE: Fadeshift Movement

André Offline
Administrator

With Fadeshift you can basically move once your movement at any time during your standard activation, so it will allow you to do that at any time you want, just not in between an action (like between charge movement and the charge attack). Whenever you could make an action, you could also use Fadeshift.

When you use Fadeshift, you are not allowed to charge afterwards because (as you mentioned it) it counts as moving.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013 07:25 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

Just as I expected it to work then.
11-06-2014 09:22 PM

Markgrafgero Offline

Just wondering. You are allowed to use abilities before charging, and Fadeshift is a sub faction ability.
11-08-2014 12:22 AM

David Offline
Administrator

You can use abilities and tactics before charging, but you cannot move before charging unless the ability/tactic specifically states that.
01-18-2015 10:47 AM

crimsontree Offline

If a Longshadow uses his Fadeshift to move within 2 inches of a Chainslayer with Whirlwind, does the Chainslayer get to Whirlwind attack?

If the Longshadow spends an Action Point to continue the movement and stops within 1 inch of the Chainslayer, does the Chainslayer get another Whirlwind attack or does the entire movement count as 1 movement?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2015 02:15 PM

Mnil Offline

1. I think yes.
2. I think that it counts as one

My question - is it fade shift counts to the exhaustion limit?

[Image: polanduserbar.png]
01-18-2015 05:55 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

The Fadeshift movement counts as a free movement action so

- yes, it triggers Whirlwind

- every ACT spend on movement is a single movement action and therefore triggers Whirlwind (it should be easy to avoid suffering two hits; just don't come too close with the first movement and then close in with the second...)

- Since it is a free movement it does not count towards the exhaustion limit (the rules say (p. 61) that you are not allowed to spend more than 4 ACT for movement actions per round (normal infantry), so free movement never counts towards exhaustion limit... makes them pretty fast Wink).

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
01-18-2015 10:03 PM

crimsontree Offline

2 Whirlwind hits are quite a result for a 1 Action Point tactic. If the Longshadow opponent with Mov 3 was just over 4 inches away from the Chainslayer and spent 2 Action Points for movement to move into 1 inch melee range, would they get hit by the Whirlwind twice during this movement? Once when they enter the 2 inch melee of the Chainslayer and once again when they end their movement inside the 1 inch melee range. Surely Whirlwind triggers when the move has ended? Do the Godslayer rules state that movement ends after every individual Action Point has been spent? If so, when 4 Action Points were spent on movement by a Mov 3 model with Fadeshift, the movement ends at 3, 6, 9 & 12 inches and whenever the Fadeshift ended.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 10:20 PM by crimsontree.)
01-19-2015 12:15 AM

Mnil Offline

I think Simon explained that clear enough. Smile

[Image: polanduserbar.png]