Tuathan list (250 Pts)
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Tuathan list (250 Pts)
04-01-2013 10:54 PM
RE: Tuathan list (250 Pts)

Khazrak Offline

I'm with David here about the Banshee. Sure, she is a nice addition to every army, but we always have to ponder, what is more useful for the same points at any given situation. And in such games is the chance that the opponent has not many models quite high and so she doesn't produce that many Vitae Tokens and in such small games, the opponent is also more likely to keep his troops together and then the Banshee has to be kept away from the juicy stuff because the enemy warlord is always close and against anyone with enchanted attacks, she would be easy game.

However, there is one more very strategic point for her, albeit maybe a very rulesmongering one: Place her in a narrow lane and because of her Spectral ability, she may not be engaged. So, depending on the melee range of enemy models and the lay of the land, she can "block" a lane of up to ~5" and prevent movement there.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 10:56 PM by Khazrak.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013 11:17 PM

Huscarl Offline

Well, here is my next list, again for 250 pts:
1x Lord of Decay with Gravewind Scythe and Hauberk of Anthalon ... 68 pts
1x Ovate Grove Druid with Omens and Befuddle ... 27 pts
1x 6 Wycca Warriors ... 100 pts
1x 5 Bladeslingers ... 54 pts

LoD should move forward with the Wycca Warriors (and improve their Resilient ability). When he is near the enemy, the LoD weakens the enemy with Locust Swarm and the Druid casts Befuddle on the elite units, before the Bladeslingers and the Wycca Warriors attack.

Again, not much shooting in this warband (only some blade-slings); also I have to be very careful with the Bladeslingers, my weakest troops in the list.

Thoughts?
04-13-2013 04:39 PM

David Offline
Administrator

This is a good versatile warband for facing very diverse threats.

The Bladeslingers can charge 11 inches and have 2 inches melee range from their spears so you can threaten anything within 13 inches.

I would go with the spell Leyline Flare instead of Omens when taking Wycca Warriors because +2 MAG for their MAG attacks from Leyline Flare is better than +1 MEL for their MEL attacks from Omens.

I would keep the Druid near the battleline so he can use his healing herbs on the warlord and Wycca Warriors in rounds 5 & 6.
04-24-2013 10:52 AM

Huscarl Offline

Sorry for the late answer, David (I had no much time left for the hobby).
But concerning the druid, I have a little question: In the rulebook it says, that the druid can have spells from the ogham lore spell set and one other spell set; doesn`t that mean that I must choose one spell from the ogham lore spell set?

If not, then I`m with you; Leyline Flare would be much better.
04-28-2013 11:49 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Ah I see what you mean, the description could be understood both ways.

Actually what is intended is that he can chose 2 spells from either spell set, or both from a single spell set. But this is limited to the Ogham Lore spell set plus one additional spell set (either Synod of Oaks or Council of Elms).

So you have total flexibility except that you cannot chose from both Synod of Oaks AND Council of Elms.
04-28-2013 02:46 PM

Huscarl Offline

Ah, thanks for the clarification David.
Then it was only complete misunderstanding on my part.
11-10-2013 02:38 PM

Ibanezmark Offline

Can the druid cast Leyline Flare on himself?

Swiftness od Aridhia is awesome, but the COMP is 15. The base MAG of the druid is 6. So if you give the druid 1 action token he can cast Leyline Flare on himself, needing a 7 to cast. Than he can cast Leyline Flare on the Wycca's on a roll of 5 and if all went well he still has 2 action for Swiftness of Aridhia needing a roll of 7.

@David - Lord of Decay doesn't have the potion option, so no drinking of the 'potion of speed' for him, sadly.

Edit: Well, the rolls above are -1, because of the incantator ability. But still, without casting Leyline Flare on himself and thus needing an 8 to succes, is quite high.
Do you remember my rolls on Spiel, David? Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 02:44 PM by Ibanezmark.)
11-10-2013 03:15 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

You should also equip him with the golden sickle to improve his casting abilities.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
11-10-2013 03:18 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Can the druid cast Leyline Flare on himself?

Rulebook P77 says all restrictions of a spell will be listed inside the spell description. P37 targetting rules says nothing that you cannot target the origin model with a spell. And I see nothing in the Spellcasting rules or the spell description limiting the spell to "only other People" or something like that. So yes, he can cast this spell on himself.

Swiftness od Aridhia is awesome, but the COMP is 15. The base MAG of the druid is 6. So if you give the druid 1 action token he can cast Leyline Flare on himself, needing a 7 to cast. Than he can cast Leyline Flare on the Wycca's on a roll of 5 and if all went well he still has 2 action for Swiftness of Aridhia needing a roll of 7.

Yes, Sounds like a nice, clever Combo there.

@David - Lord of Decay doesn't have the potion option, so no drinking of the 'potion of speed' for him, sadly.
Damn. Caught me cheating again.

Edit: Well, the rolls above are -1, because of the incantator ability. But still, without casting Leyline Flare on himself and thus needing an 8 to succes, is quite high.
Do you remember my rolls on Spiel, David? Smile

Aha, now I know who you are Ibanezmark. Yes truly the most tragic dice rolls I saw the entire day.
11-10-2013 06:28 PM

Ibanezmark Offline

@Simon I definitely though of that talisman, but the way I built my list at this point is around 298 points (of the 300).
I lack unit troopers, so I need most points to add as much troopers as possible. I think with the above combination the odd are pretty good to succeed.

At this point I have:
2× Wycca Warriors (5 models)

Or

1x Wycca Warriors (6 models)
1× Cromlech Guards (3 models)

So for 300 points this is not very much, but I need to test some things first.

@David - Thanks