Bleeder Rule
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Bleeder Rule
03-23-2013 12:42 PM
RE: Bleeder Rule

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Also awesome if you get charged. You can get more models into the fight an thus get more (counter)attacks after killing someone with the Gorelords counter attacks.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2013 12:25 AM

Till Offline

Wouldn't that cause a lot of timing issues?

If lets say a full unit of 5 Hill Ogres with an active Circular Slash tactic charges the Gorelord and another unit. 3 of the hill Ogres make it in meele range 2 fall short.

The unit as well as the Gorelord do counter attack and spend their action token. Now all attacks are rolled simoultaneously since they all have the same strike rank. Also the Hill Ogres roll their additional attacks for their tactic.

The Gorelord manages to kill a Hill Ogre and gives that additional move to the unit.

But according to my understanding all attacks are already resolved and the models of the Banebrood unit that just moved into meele are not able to additionally counter attack.

If not all attacks are already resolved this would lead to potential new targets for the Hill Ogres tactic and may even provide the 2 Hill Ogres that didn't manage to get into meele range with the charge move with some attacks. I think this could get very complicated.

I'm not quite sure about this however under destroyed & removed models on page 80 it is said that the model is immediatly destroyed and removed from the game as soon as the last damage box is marked.

On page 73 under Equal Strike Ranks however it is stated that destroyed models are removed and effects are applied after all attacks are resolved. So I would think that the Bleeder doesn't give the other unit the extra move (since I would consider that an effect) till all attacks are resolved.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013 12:26 AM by Till.)
03-25-2013 12:53 AM

Raoul Online
Super Moderator

Guess Simon meant movement to bolster your ranks for a second wave of attacks / counter-attacks after the initial attacks (and the corresponding counter-attacks).

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
03-25-2013 08:15 AM

Skylifter Offline

@Till: I don't see where the problem is. Since all attacks are simultaneous, you remove destroyed models immediately after all attacks are resolved. Then when that's done, you get to move models via the Bleeder rule.

If your thinking was that you'd move them whenever you resolved that single Bleeder attack (and possibly before you resolved some of the other attacks that happen at the same time), that is not so. Attacks only "resolve" once all of the consequences of all attacks of the same strike rank have been determined. Then they all resolve at once.

There also is no timing issue as to whether models are removed first or other models are moved first; destroyed and removed happen simultaneously, so you get to move the other models after you removed the destroyed ones.

I do doubt that it is a good idea to move up a few mongrels after the first line was killed when they were charged by hill ogres, though.
03-25-2013 12:40 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

"I do doubt that it is a good idea to move up a few mongrels after the first line was killed when they were charged by hill ogres, though."

I woudn't say that. In most cases they are only able to perform their circular slash once. So wether you made counter attacks or not, you can move your mongrels for free and so have still enough ACT's to make one or two Attacks. This is a great advantage. Or all models ar in the melee range of the ogres anyways and while moving some in, you get the full number of counter attacks (if they are able to make a second circular slash) to take as many of them with you as you can.

Beeing charged by Hill Ogres is only one possibility. So in most cases it makes even more sense.... (Gnolls, Legionnaires, Bladeslinger, Hoplites etc. normaly won't kill all your Mongrels in a single attack action...)

03-25-2013 06:52 PM

Khazrak Offline

When charged by Hill Ogres, the Gorelord won't make any counter-attacks at all. Just to kill the example! Tongue
03-25-2013 07:05 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

True... Wink