Thornwall seeds

This item's rules seem unclear to me: you first get to place an object with a length of 3 inches and a width of 1 inch. This object then remains in play and counts as an object with a width of 2 inches. What the...? Is it supposed to be growing? At what point then does the width change from 1 inch to 2 inches? Or is this a typo?

that´s absolutely correct! Smile even though it has a width of 1 inch, you treat it as an object with 2 inches. when you move through it, you need 4 inches, instead of 2.

I don't want to come across as a nit-picking pedant, especially as you wrote those rules I'm now quoting to you, but please bear with me here;* page 104 specifies that a model halves its movement as long as any part of its base touches the difficult terrain.

So to cross X inches of difficult terrain, you spend (X+base diameter)*2 inches of movement (because the numbers in brackets are the distance moved from the moment the base touches the object to the moment it stops touching it on the other side). For a small-based model crossing 2 inches of difficult terrain, this amounts to roughly 6.3 inches of movement it needs to spend before it is completely across.

So how do I handle this in game: do I add an imaginary inch of object on each side, so that a base being 0.25 inches from it actually counts as still within it (and what if that model never actually touched the one inch of actual physical object but only moved alongside it?), or do I have the model spend four times the distance in movement points while it is within the actual object?

*I work as an editor and have difficulties not being pedantic when it comes to words and wordings...

That is really tricky indeed, as i've understood by now i'd go for handling it by moving movement/4 when crossing it in short direction (the 1" one), and movement/2 when crossing it in long direction (the 3" one).

But what happens when i move diagonally? I'd like to not involve trigonometry Tongue

So to simplify is correct enough use a 3"x2" template of Sight value 0 and difficult terrain, whereas the central stripe of 3"x1" has Sight value 1?

[Image: banner.png]

Ok, I can see the problem, but I need to look it up carefully to get back to you with a solid answer!

Ok no problem, i'll wait the needed time Smile

[Image: banner.png]

(12-10-2013, 01:37 PM)Stefano Wrote:  Ok no problem, i'll wait the needed time Smile

Oh I see there is confusion about this - That makes my head clearer - I was wondering how you interacted with the wall! Rather than the confusing extra with you could dissuade models from crossing it by them taking a pow 1 damage roll? Or something like that...

But yes currently it is unclear how to interact with the wall!

Hi,
have you got the solid answer?
Today we had a problem with situation when Valkyrie was trying to charge through it, and we didn't know how to count how many inches she can move.

Any update on how it should work? A step-by-example would be best. I play Fiannor-heavy Wyldfolk so seeds are invaluble for keeping stuff from murdering my archers ;-)

Crickets... Cobwebs... Sigh...