Ambidextrous fighter & fumbles
Megalith Games - Official Forums

03-18-2013 06:14 PM

Skylifter Offline

Hi,
this came up in a game today: if I use an attack option that has ambidextrous fighter and I fumble the first attack roll, is the second attack forfeit?

My opponent and I looked at the cards and it says "may make one additional attack [...] as part of the same action." Since fumble says "is not allowed to make any further attacks", we ruled that his second attack would be a further attack and thus not be made, since a "further attack" and an "additional attack" seem to be more or less the same.

Was that the correct interpretation? Or would the additional attack from ambidextrous fighter be simultaneous and the fumble effect is only applied after the action itself with all attacks being part of it has been resolved?
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 06:16 PM by Skylifter.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013 10:54 PM
RE: Ambidextrous fighter & fumbles

Khazrak Offline

I know, it's not explicitly said, but I would add an additional "actions" behind the description for fumbles, e.g. "is not allowed to make any further attack actions".

We talked a bit about the same problem in our gaming group and in the end said, that everything, that counts as 1 action isn't affected by fumbles in parts of this action, because actually, you already paid the action points and so the attacks are done simultaneously.
03-18-2013 11:11 PM

Skylifter Offline

Sounds reasonable, Khazrak. I would find our solution fine, too, however, as after all, fumbling is supposed to be bad luck and have bitter consequences.

In this case, I lost my last model, a syntarch, due to not being able to kill my opponent's last model, a maldire mongrel - it was a very cool ending to a game.
03-19-2013 03:19 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Hi,

since the ambidextrous attack is one and the same action, a fumble won´t affect the second attack made with ambidextrous fighter Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013 03:57 PM

Khazrak Offline

Thanks for clearing this up. So we instinctively used the right solution, same as with stuff like Twin Shot (Nordgaard Fimbul Toughborn) or attacks hitting multiple targets at the same time (Rolling Doom of the Banebrood Ursapine or the Nordgaard Fjellgangr's Trash Attack).
03-20-2013 01:42 PM

Skylifter Offline

Cool beans. I would have won! Damn. That was the first game I lost in Godslayer up to now. Big Grin
01-09-2015 10:51 AM

eshjus Offline

I take this opportunity to ask one thing: can I redirect the second attack on another model in range?
01-09-2015 01:16 PM

Markgrafgero Offline

Nope. Same action, same target model. If it dies with the first attack, the second attack is wasted.
01-09-2015 02:49 PM

eshjus Offline

Ok, thanks!