Longshadows and buying spells
Megalith Games - Official Forums

02-19-2013 05:20 PM

Till Offline

The Longshadows are a spellcasting unit with the option of buying spells. Now I wondered if each model in the unit has to buy a spell or if I pay the points just once for the whole unit.

The rules for buying items on page 30 to 32 always speak of models buying items, but I don't see a straight statement for this issue and it does make a big difference if a unit of 5 Longshadows with the spells Other World Stability and Twilight Gleaming do cost 115 or 155 points.

And if each model in the unit has to buy the spell to benefit from it does the whole unit have to buy the same spells. Especially Magic Void as situational as this spell is I do want to have only on 1 model as I can imagine paying 3 points for it but not 15 when 1 model is all you really need to protect your warband.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013 06:31 PM
RE: Longshadows and buying spells

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Another wording error, as the rules about buying spells need to be read as referring to "models/units".

So you purchase a spell once for the whole unit, paying the points cost only once as well. Thus, all models of a unit have to be equipped with the same spell(s).

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
02-19-2013 08:57 PM
RE: Longshadows and buying spells

Till Offline

Thank you for that clarification.