Mortan Legio Mortum and victory points/Raise Legionaire
Megalith Games - Official Forums

02-05-2013 03:07 AM

CplHicks Offline

Hi. Our questions:

Wenn a basic unit of Legio Mortum has been boosted with Raise Legionaire to more then the startingnumber of 6, is it correct that I get the base killpoints for them when I kill 3 of them (half of the starting number - p.108)? And do I get them really every time I kill three of them? So three get killed, I get the points, three get raised then killed again - again I get the points?

Am I also able to use the Raise Legionaire spell more then once on a unit per turn? As p. 78 "Spell Limitations" seems to suggest otherwise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013 01:01 PM
RE: Mortan Legio Mortum and victory points/Raise Legionaire

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Hi CplHicks,

since the kill point are only calculated at the end of the game, you get them only once. And if there are still more then half of the starting number of models in the unit left at the end of the game, the enemy gets no kill points for the unit. It doesn't matter why they are still on the battlefield. I know it is an unclear formulation in this special case, but it refers to the number of the models that is still there (e.g. models that are added or resurrected do not count as destroyed...). So with the spell raise legionnaires you can effectively deny your opponent some kill points.
That reflects well the despair of the models facing the undead hordes standing up again and again and again Wink

And since the spell ends after the legionnaire is resurrected, you can therefore cast it once again on the same unit.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013 05:54 PM

CplHicks Offline

Yeah, the formulation is indeed unclear but now we know. Thanks for clearing that up. I faced a Mortifexer, 3 Necromagi and 5x6 Legio Mortan in the 350 pt game where the above question came up. Now that was fun. It is not like the friggin undead have more armour then my Hoplites that need a tactic to get past that that severly limits their offensive power. ;-) In one turn up to 9 Legionaires can be raised, bolstering some squads nicely, then those advance. The thing is I need to kill a squad completely in a turn, otherwise he´ll raise them back. At half damage. And I can´t afford to loose models. Yikes.

Edit: How do I count killpoints then? In case he raises 6 to 10, do I have to kill 5 or 7 to at least get half points?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 06:16 PM by CplHicks.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013 06:29 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

unfortunately you have to kill 7, since half the starting number is 3... Try to chop the snakes head(s) off... On the other hand: if your opponent only raises dead, they won't harm you since they have pretty poor skills...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
02-05-2013 06:53 PM

CplHicks Offline

Yeah, that was our idea as well. You need to get past the 30+ Legionaires though. Although in one situation (we had to stop after turn 4), I could have tried to shoot the Mortifexer at least with my 5 Amazons. But I guess all will be fine when I get the Hill Ogres as they should well be able to chew through Legionaires with pow 6. :-D Or some Templewarriors.
02-05-2013 06:54 PM

Khazrak Offline

Then, I'd say, this should be declared a bit more clearly as the text on p.108 says:

"Each player earns killing points during a game by destroying enemy models. Each time a player completely destroys an enemy model/unit he gains an amount of kill points equal to the destroyed model's/unit's total points cost. If a player destroys half of a unit, meaning that half or more of the unit's starting number of models has been destroyed, then he earns kill points equal to the unit core's point costs."

Soooo, in my eyes, this can be easily understood as CplHicks described it. Because it's suggested that you earn the killing points immediatly upon destruction ("during a game" and "each time a player completely destroys...") and in the end you only calculate the total sum of all killing points earned during the game.

Might be meant otherwise, but not clear enough in my eyes, especially when thinking about a Mortans list able to raise 9 Legionnaire per round. They might have bad attributes but there's always strength in numbers. Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 06:55 PM by Khazrak.)
02-05-2013 07:02 PM

CplHicks Offline

They don´t have too bad attributes. That´s the fun thing. And I agree with the above for sure. Khazrak witnessed the above situation on sunday.
02-19-2014 08:59 PM

ArcusCalka Offline

Hiiii!
I know this thread is quite old but I was already discussing this thing situation with friend.

Let's say in the game the starting number of legio mortum is 6 - only core. During the game i am using the raise leggionaire spell and soon I have 10 of them on the table. Of course my opponent is destroying 15-20 of them during the whole game and in the last round Ive got 8 skeletons on the table.
So my question is - does he get kill points for legio mortum? Is it when he kill first 3 of them or at the end of the game the number of troopers is reduced to less then a half of starting number?

[Image: poland-userbar.png]
02-25-2014 08:42 PM

ArcusCalka Offline

Anyone?

[Image: poland-userbar.png]
02-25-2014 11:16 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Sorry, for this rather late answer! What counts is what is left at the end of the game! So if you start your game with a unit of 6 Legio Mortum models, your opponent will only get kill points if he at least reduced this unit to 3 models in the end of the game!