Ursapine
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Ursapine
01-28-2013 12:12 PM
RE: Ursapine

André Offline
Administrator

have no rulebook at hand now, but can you check if fadeshift says "place" or "move"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013 12:52 PM

Khazrak Offline

But is ist really that easy? I thought a "movement action" is a predefined definition of a single action point spent to move. Thus neither Fadeshift nor certain other stuff (Groundmeld Potion of the Nordgaard for example) aren't effected by this as you spend no action points just to move. "Movement actions" are described in the rulebook on page 60 under movement and not under tactics or anything else. What about the Nordgaard Valkyrie regarding this point? She "moves" in before she actually activates but she also "moves" on the battlefield. Can't she charge when she's activated?

However, the Ursapine could circumvent this problem a bit by charging first towards a closer enemy and then rolling through them to get behind the enemy lines and towards those pesty war machines. Big Grin
And with a deployment limit of 3, the Ursapine army sounds like a badass, steamrolling, growling fun festivity.^^
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 12:54 PM by Khazrak.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013 02:17 PM

Rhunmaki Offline

The Ursapine has another thing that prevents it from rolling then charging... in Rolling Doom is mentioned that Tour activation ends after you have rolled...

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.
01-28-2013 04:07 PM

Fenris Offline

(01-28-2013 02:17 PM)Rhunmaki Wrote:  The Ursapine has another thing that prevents it from rolling then charging... in Rolling Doom is mentioned that Tour activation ends after you have rolled...

Well, that would be the easiest way. Wink

And thanks for the clarification, André.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
01-28-2013 11:15 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

How did I miss that -_- Well, that solves everything.. (except that fadeshift says 'move')
01-29-2013 11:49 AM

Rhunmaki Offline

Ah, well it says move and not movement action... So, I would allow the fadeshift and then charge. It isn't that unfair when you know what they can do...

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.
01-29-2013 02:38 PM

Fenris Offline

(01-29-2013 11:49 AM)Rhunmaki Wrote:  Ah, well it says move and not movement action... So, I would allow the fadeshift and then charge. It isn't that unfair when you know what they can do...

This is exactly the point. Everytime you read "move" you have a movement action. And even when it´s not unfair, I think the charge rules as they are are great.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
01-29-2013 03:06 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

I agree, now that we have cleared that point up, we should count it as such.
01-29-2013 03:25 PM

Ridmasta Offline

The spin could be used a bit like sprint from warmachine, you charge in and clobber an important piece then spin away to relative safetyafter your attack?

My Blog: http://fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.co.uk/

Miniature Painting Service and Hobby Site
01-29-2013 03:42 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

Nope, no more activation after rolling, so you can't use it to clobber enemies. You can however charge and then roll. (as it is allowed to be used while engaged.)