Close Quarter Fighter and critical hits
Megalith Games - Official Forums

01-12-2013 09:45 AM

Fenris Offline

Hi everyone,

as the Close Quarter Fighter ability only reduces the amount of ACT the centurion has to pay for his attacks and not the ACT statistic of the weapon, the direct damage should not be reduced. Is this correct?

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013 10:01 AM
RE: Close Quarter Fighter and critical hits

André Offline
Administrator

I think the rulebook should say that the direct damage for a critical hit is the amount of action tokens used for the attack. So it would be only 1 point of direct damage. But I need to check closely (don´t have a book at hand right now).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013 10:58 AM

Fenris Offline

According to the rule book the direct damage equals the cost of the attack. My question is more on the Close Quarter Figther side. This rule states that "he has to spend one less action token" on melee attacks. But in my opinion that does not imply, that the cost for the attack is reduced. Imho he would deal 2 direct damage with the gladius even if he only paid one ACT.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
01-12-2013 10:26 PM

André Offline
Administrator

Ok, I have a rulebook at hand it it´s like I assumed Smile

So, the rulebook says "...deals damage equal to the amount of action tokens that were used for the attack, ..."

When you attack with close quarter fighter, you will therefore only use 1 ACT for your attacks.

In the following sentences, the rulebook says that an attack costing 2 ACT deals 2 direct damage etc. This "costing" might be a bit irritating because one could think that´s the original cost of the attack on the profile card. What we meant was basically that an attack deals damage equal to the amount of action tokens that you "spend" for the attack. We used the word "cost" because when we wrote it, it was clear to us that the costs refers to what you just have spent for the attack, because we use the word "cost" to indicate ACTs that were spend...

I hope I could clarify this, even though close quarter fighter is less dangerous than someone might have imagined Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 10:27 PM by André.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013 11:05 PM

Fenris Offline

Thanks André. I'm perfectly fine with that, because I only play against this beast. Wink

Thanks for the clarification.

Michael

12-12-2014 01:30 PM

eshjus Offline

So if the attack is made for free, like an unread with the last ancestral token of a mortifex, the crit won't work, am I right?
12-12-2014 01:39 PM

spy Offline

Right now according to the rules: Yes.
After the errata: We will see. Smile