Poison + Gutrot Plague
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Poison + Gutrot Plague
01-08-2013 12:51 PM
Poison + Gutrot Plague

Rhunmaki Offline

This is just a simple clarification question:
So both the poison cont effect and the gutrot plague lower your base statistics by one. That is resolved model by model. So a unit model suffering both would get all base statistics -2.
When halve of the unit suffers one of the above it loses an ACT.
What if 2 out of 4 unit models suffer poison and the other 2 suffer the plague? All models get -1 to their base statistics either from poison or plague. Does the unit lose 2 ACT? Because when You take both cont effects seperate the unit loses an ACT because of poison and the unit loses an ACT because of the plague. So it loses 2.
But when You see the whole situation every unit model loses only 1 ACT, so why should the unit lose 2?

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013 02:44 PM
RE: Poison + Gutrot Plague

André Offline
Administrator

Hehe, I must admit, that´s a very special situation you came up with! Smile
So, in this rare case it would actually mean that the unit has to reduce its ACT statistic by one if half or more of them are affected. With two working effects this will just be as you said and they will lose 2 ACT instead of just one even though only one half of the unit would be affected by one effect while the other suffers another.

This is a situation that is really hard to manage ruleswise because we would have needed to write an extra half of a page just to clarify this very special situation and thus making the rules more complicated.

So, I fear you will have to lose 2 ACT then! Smile

You can think of it like this: if half of the unit would be affected by a poison the other half could somehow manage to get them doing what they should but it would be more difficult to get them doing that, so they need more time for their actions (they suffer -1 ACT). If the other half of the unit that would normally be able to help the poison affected models is then suffering from a gutrot plague, no one in the unit is really able to coordinate all their maneouvres in a working way, thus they suffer -2 ACT.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013 03:33 PM

Rhunmaki Offline

Since we have a dedicated Banebrood player who loves his Ursapine and his plagues, this situation isn't so special anymore for me...

Would it not be a solution to say that a unit always uses the ACT of the majority of the unit models? So plague and poison only need to state that they reduce the base statistics and the above entry would reduce their ACT acordingly...

Das Chaos ist überall, selbst in der Ordnung.

To know when you are in heaven, you must go through hell.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013 04:35 PM

André Offline
Administrator

hi again,

sorry, but as I explained it this should be the way to play it. I think the situation that exactly half of a unit is affected by a -1 basic statistic continuous effect and exactly the other half suffers from an identical effect is pretty rare Smile as I explained, if this ever happens, then you will lose 2 ACT.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply